Changing Pets Gender?

nbbug132

I can't be sure, but I think I've seen/heard rumors of some kind of potion?

And I wouldn't say the lab zaps only give a "small chance," my Gnorbu has been changed to a boy, back to a girl, and now back to a boy in a matter of I think two weeks?

Good luck with your quest!

EDIT: Ah, after a search of this forum I found this post, which hints at certain BD weapons being able to change species/gender.

That BD weapon is realllyyyyyy expensive, so I would suggest battling the Lab Ray Scientist. After you battle him (whether you win or lose), he will sometimes change your pets gender or do some minor change like that (no color/species change). Good luck!

EDIT: Spritzie just said the same thing but she posted RIGHT BEFORE me!

Thanks for the information guys! It's much appreciated. :3

I said small chance on the Lab Ray becuase I don't actually have all the lap map yet (despite wanting one for years) and haven't been able to see the stats on how often things get changed around for lab pets. ^^;

I said small chance on the Lab Ray becuase I don't actually have all the lap map yet (despite wanting one for years) and haven't been able to see the stats on how often things get changed around for lab pets. ^^;

I think that it is a GREAT investment to get the ray because you get GREAT changes on it! (I got a Koi, Disco Kacheek, and Robot Kau from it!) You should get it not only for the gender change though!

The lab ray isn't a good option just to change gender. It can change color/species when you don't want it to, if you're only wanting a gender change. Use the lab ray, when you get it, on a pet you want to change, when use him as a BD challenger on the pet you want to change gender.

I think that it is a GREAT investment to get the ray because you get GREAT changes on it! (I got a Koi, Disco Kacheek, and Robot Kau from it!) You should get it not only for the gender change though!

Oh not at all! I like the idea of the constant changes so I think the lab map would be great fun that's why I've wanted one. XD

However, I have my baby Lupe who was one of my first pets when I joined way back in 2002, and after I painted her baby I decided that her name/the baby color looked much more male. So I've always wondered since then if there was a way to change her gender to male, though I'd never heard of one other than the lab map. ^^

Oh not at all! I like the idea of the constant changes so I think the lab map would be great fun that's why I've wanted one. XD

However, I have my baby Lupe who was one of my first pets when I joined way back in 2002, and after I painted her baby I decided that her name/the baby color looked much more male. So I've always wondered since then if there was a way to change her gender to male, though I'd never heard of one other than the lab map. ^^

Yep, it's called 'Strange Potion'

Lab maps = pure awesomeness. They are worth every NP.

Unfortunately, you cannot get the Lab Ray Scientist as a Battledome challenger without already having the Lab Map completed.

If you don't want to have the Lab Map, you could transfer your Lupe to a trusted friend who has the Lab Ray Scientist as a challenger and get that person to change your pet's gender for you.

A good way to get an idea of what kind of changes happen (and how often!) with the zaps is to read through some of the pages in the Lab Rays thread. It's pinned in the Anything and Everything Neopets forum, so you shouldn't miss it ^_^