What are the best food stores to restock in?

Rising Star

I'm thinking about making my shop just a food store. So i was wondering which ones were the best.

By best I mean, ones you can make most profit out of, ones that restock with great items, and that sort of stuff.

Right now, I've been trying: Tropical Food, Faerie Shop, Chocolate, Bakery, Food, and Super Happy Icy Fun Snow Shop. Are these any good?

Also, when I start restocking at a new shop, I don't know what to buy. Is there a website that will tell you what the profitable items are?

Thanks in advanced :D

Edit:

I also have some other question.

When I look at malls, they have tons of items stocked. Like 10 items of one thing, if that makes sense. How did they really buy this? Not alot of items restock in multiplies, so how would they buy it?

Edited by Wartex121

Er... Ravid, that's not really relevant, is it? x3

As for food restocks - from my experience so far, I've always thought that food in peoples' own stores is less expensive than food you can buy from TNT owned shops around neopets. I do know that some people use the volcano on mystery island to turn cheaper ingredients into more expensive foods to sell and make a profit. I'm not sure which specifically, though.

I haven't seen such a website yet, but if I do, I'll let you know. :3

Malls are something people put a lot of time and investment in. I knew a guy who spent hours a day just working on his mall. It was insane. The people who own the malls buy the items from other user shops and price them way more than they're worth. That's why you'll see a codestone worth 5k and then a mall that has like 28 of them in stock costing 11k each.

and I agree with Ixi about Spooky Foods. If you know what items you're looking for, you can make a nice profit there.

Alright! But if people know that malls are overpriced, why do they buy from them? Wouldn't it be easier just to shop wiz it, and buy it cheaper?

Most shops, I don't know what I'm looking for. I guess I'll try spooky foods, and try getting familiar with it.

I have no idea what goes on in the minds of people who buy things from malls. Maybe they just like spending nps.

Good luck with your restocking. I hear the Bakery is also a good place. You can try that if you don't really like Spooky Foods.

I have no idea what goes on in the minds of people who buy things from malls. Maybe they just like spending nps.

Good luck with your restocking. I hear the Bakery is also a good place. You can try that if you don't really like Spooky Foods.

I've also heard that the bakery is good if you know what to look for, same as Spooky Foods. The normal food shop is good as well.

I've always wondered about the malls too! Why do people ever buy stuff there? I know people do because they're profitable for the owners, but gosh, it seems like such a waste of NP.

Yea. You need to know what to look for in all of those stores. A lot of people restock there, so you have to be fast.

I also hear late night/early morning NST is the best time to restock there. Not 100% sure if it's true, but it's worth a shot.

Spooky foods is definitely the best food shop because low rarity items like elephante trunk soup and snorkle snout restock fairly often at prices of 99 K or more. I really like snow foods also because it also brings back higher profits than most food shops. Chocolate and bakery fetch less profit per item but do tend to restock more often. Spooky, snow, and faerie foods are more likely to stock UBs than the other food shops.

Yea. You need to know what to look for in all of those stores. A lot of people restock there, so you have to be fast.

I also hear late night/early morning NST is the best time to restock there. Not 100% sure if it's true, but it's worth a shot.

There aren't as many people online late at night or early in the morning, so that makes it easier for restocking. I tried some last night, but got tired and went to sleep. :laughingsmiley: At eleven or so, there are about 15,000 people online as opposed to 30,000. That helps a lot with the auctions at least. I'm just getting into RSing.

I have so much to reply too, so I'm just going to do it in one post. I hope no one minds, I also hope I won't get in trouble :C.

That's what I always thought. I don't see why people would spend so much neopoints there, when they could search it, and save it.

Because I have tons of items in my shop, cheaper than shop wiz, and no one buys from there.

I've also heard that the bakery is good if you know what to look for, same as Spooky Foods. The normal food shop is good as well.

I've always wondered about the malls too! Why do people ever buy stuff there? I know people do because they're profitable for the owners, but gosh, it seems like such a waste of NP.

I know alittle about Bakery, which is where I usually go. It's a great place. But Spooky foods, it goes by quickly, and I'm usually buying things from the other shops.

That's usually when I restock. But I also heard that when theres not alot of people in a shop, it doesn't restock as often.

Not really sure about this.

Spooky foods is definitely the best food shop because low rarity items like elephante trunk soup and snorkle snout restock fairly often at prices of 99 K or more. I really like snow foods also because it also brings back higher profits than most food shops. Chocolate and bakery fetch less profit per item but do tend to restock more often. Spooky, snow, and faerie foods are more likely to stock UBs than the other food shops.

What's the best way to learn what's best at spooky foods, or Snow foods? Just buy and guess? I've tried this before but I waste too much neopoints.

I tried looking at some sites, but theres just too much.

There aren't as many people online late at night or early in the morning, so that makes it easier for restocking. I tried some last night, but got tired and went to sleep. :laughingsmiley: At eleven or so, there are about 15,000 people online as opposed to 30,000. That helps a lot with the auctions at least. I'm just getting into RSing.

It depends on where you live. When it's 11 pm here, theres around 26k people on. I'm going to try auctions, so hopefully that works out.

Wartex- I'm looking at your shop and most of the things you're selling is higher than the the shop wizard price. I think you might want to recheck the prices on all your stuff. When I sell a codestone it's usually gone within minutes. Also try going online late at night and early morning in NST. Usually that's when there's less people. I'm pretty sure that "restocking less often thing when there is less people" thing isn't true. When I used to restock I didn't see a difference between how much is restocked when there is less people online than when there is more people online.

That's usually when I restock. But I also heard that when theres not alot of people in a shop, it doesn't restock as often.

Not really sure about this.

What's the best way to learn what's best at spooky foods, or Snow foods? Just buy and guess? I've tried this before but I waste too much neopoints.

It depends on where you live. When it's 11 pm here, theres around 26k people on. I'm going to try auctions, so hopefully that works out.

Like Luciana said, I don't think the first is true. From what I can tell, it's pretty random.

Here's a guide that someone else on the TDN forums sent to me - it has images of what is good in different shops, and has helped me get into restocking some. Some of learning how to restock though is buying some of the wrong stuff and initially losing neopoints. Usually if something has been sitting in a shop for a long time, it sells for less than the buying price or about the same. For instance, at spooky foods, there are a lot of common foods that people don't buy. I'm familiar with a lot of the cheap ones from quests and such, so that helps for me.

I'm talking about NST. (My time is the same as NST, so that helps). Maybe you can check the number of users online to see when a good time would be when you're up.

Good luck!

I know one reason why people use malls is because it is convenient. They don't have to go look for each book they need if they are in a mall that caters to books. It is pretty much someone who is lazy. That's the only explanation i can find.

As far as the original topic goes I know that the chocolate factory is also a good place to restock. People love the items there and they sell super fast.

I know one reason why people use malls is because it is convenient. They don't have to go look for each book they need if they are in a mall that caters to books. It is pretty much someone who is lazy. That's the only explanation i can find.

As far as the original topic goes I know that the chocolate factory is also a good place to restock. People love the items there and they sell super fast.

That's one of the reasons I figured. I still think it's too much.

To tell you the truth, the best way to become better at RSing is to just practice with it. The best way to learn shops is to spend enough time in each to know exactly which items are profitable or not. You would be surprised how much you remember after RSing for only a few months. Just be persistent and it helps if you have a good memory. It is hard to forget what is good in a shop once you have mastered it. Even though I left neopets about a year ago and am now starting fresh, I still remember everything that is profitable in pretty much all the shops (even battle and defence magic -- two of the hardest shops to learn because mistakes can cost a lot of NP there).

I started off in food shops exclusively, but you soon realize that magic + stamp is the most profitable combination when you are an experienced RSer. Once you get to that level 2 shops at a time should be your maximum if you actually want to get unbuyable items :P I have screenies of 67 of the UBs I have restocked (I screenie the most profitable ones) in the past. I have probably RSed close to 200+ UBs total back in the day. I also love plushie palace and usukiland but the items are harder to sell and sit on the trading post for much longer.

Here are a couple examples of my UB screenshots:

3594070246_324922bb6f_o.jpg

3641582355_932a97c4db_o.jpg

3721781036_0d3f1971a0_o.jpg

3750261389_d73ba7de2b_o.jpg

So sad to see that my pet was level 113 back then before I lost that account when everyone on the battledome chat was losing their accounts :( Such an unhappy time. Also my avatar on TDN is lupe chia bomb because this was the very first UB I ever restocked. I remember it happened on half price day in battle magic and I had no idea it was a UB and I only had a couple months of experience restocking at that point.

P.S. - the very best items restock on half price day because the traffic in shops is higher and slow shops like battle magic and defence magic will definitely restock a few r99s on HPD. I got my blue draik MP on a half price day also.

Most importantly this guide is by far the BEST guide out there for restocking:

http://www.neofaerie.net/guides/restock/intro/

The only thing I don't agree with is refreshing through a ton of shops nonstop. Limit the shop number to 2 or 3. No less than 2 unless you are content on one shop and don't get bored easily. No more than 3 because you will start to completely miss good items...2 shops is the best number in my opinion b/c you minimize chances of being banned yet still have a great chance at getting the best items. My rule is to wait 2 seconds per shop you have up. So, for example, wait 4 seconds before refreshing both shops if you are only in 2 shops.

To tell you the truth, the best way to become better at RSing is to just practice with it. The best way to learn shops is to spend enough time in each to know exactly which items are profitable or not. You would be surprised how much you remember after RSing for only a few months. Just be persistent and it helps if you have a good memory. It is hard to forget what is good in a shop once you have mastered it. Even though I left neopets about a year ago and am now starting fresh, I still remember everything that is profitable in pretty much all the shops (even battle and defence magic -- two of the hardest shops to learn because mistakes can cost a lot of NP there).

I started off in food shops exclusively, but you soon realize that magic + stamp is the most profitable combination when you are an experienced RSer. Once you get to that level 2 shops at a time should be your maximum if you actually want to get unbuyable items :P I have screenies of 67 of the UBs I have restocked (I screenie the most profitable ones) in the past. I have probably RSed close to 200+ UBs total back in the day. I also love plushie palace and usukiland but the items are harder to sell and sit on the trading post for much longer.

Here are a couple examples of my UB screenshots:

3594070246_324922bb6f_o.jpg

3641582355_932a97c4db_o.jpg

3721781036_0d3f1971a0_o.jpg

3750261389_d73ba7de2b_o.jpg

So sad to see that my pet was level 113 back then before I lost that account when everyone on the battledome chat was losing their accounts :( Such an unhappy time. Also my avatar on TDN is lupe chia bomb because this was the very first UB I ever restocked. I remember it happened on half price day in battle magic and I had no idea it was a UB and I only had a couple months of experience restocking at that point.

P.S. - the very best items restock on half price day because the traffic in shops is higher and slow shops like battle magic and defence magic will definitely restock a few r99s on HPD. I got my blue draik MP on a half price day also.

Most importantly this guide is by far the BEST guide out there for restocking:

http://www.neofaerie.net/guides/restock/intro/

The only thing I don't agree with is refreshing through a ton of shops nonstop. Limit the shop number to 2 or 3. No less than 2 unless you are content on one shop and don't get bored easily. No more than 3 because you will start to completely miss good items...2 shops is the best number in my opinion b/c you minimize chances of being banned yet still have a great chance at getting the best items. My rule is to wait 2 seconds per shop you have up. So, for example, wait 4 seconds before refreshing both shops if you are only in 2 shops.

Wow. Thank you for this helpful information! I'm going to check this site out right now. I think I do only 3, but with spooky foods, it's 4.

The best way I usually learn is I just buy, and guess. But I tend to lose neopoints this way, depending on which shop.

I'm going to take your advice, and just keep on trying. Hopefully I'll get used to the spooky foods, and learn what's good, and what's not good.

I just neomailed you so that you can neomail me any questions you may have about RSing. I'm open to any questions and will likely have a good answer for them. I really devoted myself to learning how to RS about 3-4 years ago. Before then I had a couple of accounts I made back when I first started playing neopets in the summer of 2000.

I have read many guides ever since I started RSing. The guide I posted is the one that is most informative and useful out of all of them. It's really the only guide you need. Ctrl+tab and Ctrl+shift+tab, adjusting your mouse speed to be optimal, learning to haggle with a countdown style (ex. 12323, 78989, 34545, 2344), clicking on the shopkeeper to refresh, hitting spacebar to say okay to haggle, and remembering that you don't have to delete the "0" in the haggle box, just click to the right of it and type your haggle. --- These are all vital tips for RSing.

Being a regular in the Battledome "Restock & Chat" topic on neoboards posting your restocking accomplishments or haggles you just barely missed = a great way to practice and keep boredom away...plus you learn what items everyone else is going after so it'll help you learn which items are UBs and which shops everyone likes to go to. Although the fame you gain on there as a great RSer can be dangerous also b/c people with ill-will may target you (I learned this the hard way and only use the boards sparingly now :( It's a shame).