And we're on!

antiaircraft

EDIT: Our daily predictions page is now up for everyone to check out our bets on today's matches!

Disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup developments in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's matches, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions.

altadorcup_2010_v2.jpg

It's that time of the year again - the start of yet another season of Neopia's most anticipated sporting event, the Altador Cup! Without any further preamble, let's go to our reporter on the field for more information.

"*checks microphone* Ahem-Ahem... Thank you AA! Welcome back everyone to the The Daily Neopets Altador Cup Coverage! Yes boys and girls, the FIFTH ALTADOR CUP is here and ready to go! This year, the Cup have a lot of things in stored for everyone.

First stop, the Yooyuball field is currently being fire-proofed specially for team Moltara Magma (it would be very bad if the field melts). White screens are currently being installed outside the Colosseum for those fans who were unable to buy tickets which were already sold-out since last week. Hotels, motels and apartments are now filled to the roof-top!!! Altadorian households are now offering bed-space for rent to take advantage of this much awaited event.

Visiting back to last year's top 3 teams is quite an enjoyment too. The Lost Desert Mummies gave their fans a treat when they displayed their strength and teamwork by climbing the top Coltzan's Shrine without a single harness. It is said that finishing the past few Cups in the top 3 spot gave the Mummies the experience and the chance to take the Cup this year. Preparations are being made around the Shrine for the anticipated victory party.

Meanwhile, on the tops of Shenkuu Mountain, the Shenkuu Ninjas are busy training new ninjitsu for this year. I have reports that they have hired two expert ninjas from neighbouring villages to help them train. The identities of these 2 ninjas are being kept secret to us but I have information that one is a white-haired guy who is an expert in copying ninjitsu and loves to read novels while the other is a kid with incredible amount of red chakra and loves to eat ramen. Considering the history of the Altador Cup, the Shenkuu Ninjas are the favourites to win this year.

Last year's champions, the Krawk Island Pirates have also intensified their training regime. If last year they swam with sharks, this year the Pirates use sharks as surf boards! They have also use cannonballs as substitute Yooyuballs to increase their kicking strength (talk about broken toe-nails). The Pirate ships are also being repaired and overhauled in preparation for their Altador Cup Invasion plan. Despite the rumours that the curse of the Altador Cup will now affect their performance, the Krawk Island Pirates are thinking positive that they will be the first team to win the Cup back-to-back.

Tension is thickening and stress is rising for the biggest, grandest and MOST-MONEY PRODUCING event in Neopets! Stay tune for more updates! This is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets Altador Cup V coverage, selling out...

*customer: 1 box of squidballs! BJ: coming right up!* <- BJ squidball stand"

Thank you for that report BJ, and, uh, good luck with those customers.

Today's match-ups are certainly an interesting affair. Team Moltara will be playing against the hosts, Altador, in their first ever match. Meanwhile, Brightvale returns from last year's absence to cross arm guards with the neighbouring Darigan Citadel. The Maraquan Mermaids have their first match-up against their old nemesis, Team Meridell, while Team Virtupets faces the Tyrannians and Roo Island clashes with Mystery Island. Looking at last year's top-tier contenders, Team Kreludor will be crossing paths with the ex-champions from the Haunted Woods, while the third-placed Lost Desert Mummies will pit their searing heat against the icy Terror Mountain Chillers. The Shenkuu Ninjas (last year's runner-ups) should show off some new moves in their battle against the determined Kiko Lakers, and finally, Team Faerieland has a tough first match against last year's champions, the Krawk Island Pirates.

We'll be keeping track of this year's Altador Cup developments as they happen, providing you with the latest news and standings. We'll even have a page with professional analysis of upcoming matches up soon! You can also take a look at our guides for Yooyuball, Slushie Slinger, Make Some Noise, and Shootout Showdown, or grab yourself one of our Altador Cup counters.

And last, but not least, you can go ahead and play for your team! Good luck!

YES!

Achievements are a new feature in this year's cup, everyone.

Reports that the fast glitch is back for this year.

The cross when you try to score a goal is happening for everyone.

Yes, the Slushie Showdown on our counter's page is a typo. It is supposed to be Shootout Showdown.

And yes, I am very sick of Meridell's Ixi.

Other than that, let the games begin, and may the best team win! :D

WOOO!

Achievements are here! This is such a cool feature. Already got one of them.

And that random X that appears whenever you shoot is getting really annoying. I have to double-click to guarantee a shot.

This year, I'm going to do 5x the effort than last year. I really want to get an impressive rank.

This is probably a question that's going to get me laughed at, but - Do the counters update themselves, or do we have to update them?

you have to update them yourself..

Wow, I just finished reading the daily predictions and I'm focusing on MI vs RI...

Yes, the Slushie Showdown on our counter's page is a typo. It is supposed to be Shootout Showdown.

What typo? :shiftyeyes_anim:

Although that does sound like an epic game. xD Blast slushies past the unsuspecting goalie! Bonus points if you hit him on the face!

This is probably a question that's going to get me laughed at, but - Do the counters update themselves, or do we have to update them?

Elaborating on BJ's answer: you update them on our counters page, and the changes get pushed through automatically to the images. :yes: So you do need to update them, but there's no need to copy & paste the code again.

Achievements are a new feature in this year's cup, everyone.

There's achievements for the AC this year?

The best part about this typo is that I misread it as being 'Slushie Slowdown.'

What typo? :shiftyeyes_anim:

Although that does sound like an epic game. xD Blast slushies past the unsuspecting goalie! Bonus points if you hit him on the face!

Sounds like fun... and sticky!

Elaborating on BJ's answer: you update them on our counters page, and the changes get pushed through automatically to the images. :yes: So you do need to update them, but there's no need to copy & paste the code again.

Thank you for explaining it further.. I'm too lazy to elaborate.. :P

Ty, it will be easy for you. And Meridell seems to have gotten worse. I'm completely crushing these guys 11 goals on average. All I have to do is avoid the Farie Yooyu and I'm go-*farie yooyu is in play*

Dang it...

predictions:

SK v KL: easy SK. we're the better team. 2nd place last year v 14th place last year? no contest edge: SK

DC v BV: BV may have been training, but DC is simply better edge: DC

AL v MT: MT has a stronger fanbase even though they're new edge: MT

TY v VP: both aren't the best, but TY is better edge: TY

KD v HW: the 1st champions against the quiet powerhouse, this is still clear, though edge: KD

RI v MI: RI was once a champion, but the ol' winners curse put them back, and MI can beat them easily edge: MI

FL vs KI: does this need an explanation? edge: KI

LD v TM: a powerhouse versus a last tier team? edge: LD

MQ vs MD: the 5th placer in AC3 against the 5th placer in AC4. I'm going with the more recent 5th placer edge: MQ