The Subway Series

CAV of Gang Green

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• New York Mets
    • New York Yankees
    • I don't care

PLASMA%20YANKS%20METS.jpg

The stressful time of the year has arrived. The Subway Series between New York's 2 baseball teams, the Mets and Yankees. People around the world know the Yankees for having more championships than any other team in any other sports (with 27 world series wins). People are aware of the Mets, but mostly as the underdogs (with 2 world series wins), and many don't believe them to win. But they can be a contender for the pennant, provided they don't get crushed by the Philidelphia Phillies, the Mets' main rivals. Since 1997, the Mets and Yankees have had battles to see the dominant team. The battles became famous, and at one point even carried to the 2000 World Series, in which the Yankees won within 5 games.

The Subway Series consists of 6 games, 3 in May, and 3 in June. In one month, they would be in one of the team's stadiums, and then the other in the next 3 games. This year, the first 3 games (May) are in Citi Field, home of the Mets. And in June, the next 3 will be in Yankee Stadium.

Being in NY, most people guess I'm a Yankee fan. But I wouldn't ever touch a Yankee hat. I'm purely a Mets fan. I'll post results during the series:

Game 1 (Citi Field)

Yankees 2, Mets 1

W: Vazquez

L: Dessens

SV: Rivara

Game 2 (Citi Field)

Yankees 3, Mets 5

W: Pelfrey

L: Hughes

SV: Rodriguez

Game 3 (Citi Field)

Yankees 4, Mets 6 (Mets win 2 out of 3 at Citi Field, Mets lead series 2-1)

W: Santana

L: Sebathia

SV: Rodriguez

LET'S GO METS!!!