Rate My Petpage?

fadedangel416

What do you think of my petpage? http://www.neopets.com/~roage I'm using it to display the avatars I've collected so far.... the layout was taken from a mock website I made in spring 2009 for a web design class. I've totally forgotten most of what I learned, and I'm taking another design class this summer, but in the meantime I wanted to use my own coding and this was all I had. :P Thoughts on it?

I think the colors are just gorgeous, such a relaxing layout. The only thing that's kind of off for me are the < hr>'s that you are using, they are sticking out the sides of the layout. Not sure why but it's not like a huge major thing anyway. :)

I also don't think that whole paragraph about stealing your layout is necessary. I think the bottom part does the job. I know how you feel, though, I was battling people distributing/taking credit for my pixels just yesterday. It is SO frustrating!!

But yeah, I am totally loving this layout. I give it about 8/10 if that's the scale we are using, and I am a VERY hard person to please! LOL

Thank you for the compliment. =D I have noticed the < hr > problem, but I'm not sure what's going on because the original coding shows correctly in Dreamweaver, and it also shows correctly in the neopets preview. O.o --edit-- And by correctly, I just mean that it doesn't run off the sides.

And yeah. I wasn't sure, but I recently had an artwork from deviantart used without my permission, and I've seen sooooooo many things stolen. Perhaps I could shorten it and move it to the bottom...

Oh, well, it's up to you. I get stolen from constantly but they don't usually bother reading if they're gonna steal. Rawrrr it makes me angryy!!

You can edit the < hr> tag in the CSS, make it something like..

hr {

width: 80%;

}

See if it helps? Or you could use a set width like 600px or something.

Thank you much. :D That did work. I decided to move the stealing warning to the bottom as well, I like it better there.

While I'm here, do you know of any places that have good and working user lookup layouts? I'm having a hard time finding any that don't set off the "position" warning with neopet's css filter. =/

• 2 weeks later...

It's beautiful!

I love the natural clay-color with the faded green trees in the background. Your reflected text also looks very nice. TNT did a great job with the avatars, so putting the site and the avatars together looks really professional... is that the right word? xD

But great job, I love it!