The Worms...

Seliphra

So, about those lovely worms in molterra...I know to collect them that you need the empty lantern in your inventory, but does anyone actually know what your supposed to do with them? Or do they just sit in your SDB/inventory forever?

The worms are not a part of the Moltara plot. It's an independent "daily" quest that you can do to get a chunk of Red Moltite, a mineral that Tangor uses to make petpets in his workshop. Once you get the empty lantern from Lampwick, keep refreshing Moltara City and Caves until you find all ten of the worms (rainbow, black, pink, and white show up rarely, so it might take a few days to collect them all.). Then, once you have all the worms, click on the lantern in your inventory, and select 'fill it with worms!' Then you can navigate the dark cave in Moltara to search for the Red Moltite.

If you guys chose to do this, be aware, the Rainbow and Black worms will do everything they can to drive you crazy. Those are the ones everyone has trouble with. I didn't complete the first set for a few days. What you should do, is make a word doc with the worm colors (There's 10. Blue, Black, Green, White, Rainbow, Yellow, Pink, Purple, Orange, Red) Then beside them, list the times they show up. They show up for 5 minutes at a time. (For example, my black worm is there from 8:35 to 8:40 NST) The main colors (Blue, Yellow, Red, Green) show up a ton. Pink, Purple, Orange show up a bit less, but aren't that hard. White can be difficult. And Rainbow and Black are rough since they show up less often. (I have about 4-5 times for each.)

And try to stager when you get them, so you get backup times, just in case you miss the normal times you get them. (I usually get all but Black and Rainbow at work, from 6:00-6:30am NST. I get the black at 8:35am, then the rainbow at 9:50am. But I have times written down through-out the day (and night) in case I miss them, or I'm off work.

I got all the worms in, literally, less than 3 or 2 days.

I am not going to explain as it might get a little bit tricky and I am sort of losing my patience. :laughingsmiley: So, I will give you a link to useful sites about the worm finding and stuffs.

Here's the Guide 1 and here's the Guide 2.

Hope I helped.

Give it to your pet. It's a regular petpet, they just look like robots.

Examples:

Dal:

dal.gif

Oop:

oop.gif

Daloop: (Combining Dal and Oop)

daloop.gif

I couldn't find a page that listed the Petpet combos on TDN, so here's the page at Sunnyneo

For a complete list of all this Worm Quest/Building Petpets

HERE

oh drat..I didn't write down the hours I found them :( its been a month now and I'm still looking for the rainbow worm! It drives me crazy, my inventory is full of worms!

• 2 weeks later...

I completed it once sort of by accident and I'd say it was worth it. This second time however, its been a month and I can't find the gosh darn last worm. It is no longer worth it. But I suppose its worth it you don't really care about them and it just sort of happens, it will be a pleasant surprise.

This sounds really neat, and I think I'm going to try it! I got the lantern a few months ago, and I had no idea what to use it for. Now that I know, thanks to all your help, I'm going to go for it! Robot petpets are so cute/awesome, and I'm zapping my Gnorbu, so if I got him zapped robot, it would be the ultimate Robo-Combo!!! :laughingsmiley: hahaha

EDIT: Spritzie, when you say Red Moltite is "one of the items" that can be combined, do you mean to say that we need other stuff to combine with it, like... the random pile of gears and bolts that I randomly found a while ago?

Because uh... I definitely sold them :guiltysmiley: should I buy more, or is there a possibility I can find them again?

Here's the one that I use for all of Moltara. I hope this walthough helps. I am just having some problem with Tangor's Workshop.

EDIT: Spritzie, when you say Red Moltite is "one of the items" that can be combined, do you mean to say that we need other stuff to combine with it, like... the random pile of gears and bolts that I randomly found a while ago?

Because uh... I definitely sold them :guiltysmiley: should I buy more, or is there a possibility I can find them again?

The Metal and Stone is a RE you get while in Moltara City/Caves. The Misc. Gears, you find in the City. There's 4 items total, that can be combined in different combos to create the petpets. There's the Misc. Gears, Metal and Stone, Red Moltite, and the Shiny Obsidian.

Thanks Spritzie ^_^

P.S. just found the last worm I needed (rainbow)!!! They're super-cute :wub_anim: I almost wish I could keep one of them as a petpet!

Now just to find more of those misc gears and metal and stone! YAY, this is exciting. I love these little quests and plots, I'm such a sucker for them. More, TNT! More I say!

:laughingsmiley: I really enjoy the worm quest. I do it daily, when I'm at work. I have the times written down, so I get them all by 10am NST. It drives most people crazy though.

Just remembered to go back for my lantern today, and I managed to find 5 of the 10 worms... at least now I know an approximate time in the morning when I can look for them too. Wheee exciting :evo: