Negg Tokens?

Strawberri

In the latest Editorial there is a question about the Festival of Neggs and tokens. Can someone please explain to me how (and why) we would exchange our neggs for tokens? What do the tokens do?

Here is the question:

--------------------------------

Hi, TNT! I was just wondering if you'd noticed that the Neggery is having problems. I have tried to trade in my Green Festival Negg for tokens multiple times, but nothing has happened... please fix this, since I would very much like my tokens. :( ~heidibeckykate

Sorry about that, guys! We're aware of the issue with that Negg and are attempting to get it working properly. :)

If you trade neggs for negg points, you can buy neggs that do special things to your pet.

We have an excellent list right here.

Personally, I don't think neggs are worth it. I'd rather sell them.

Nope, IMO it's never been worth it either. I'm also curious if any users think anything is worth it from the neggery, though. Obviously someone in Neopia does, because neggs redeemable for tokens sell well and quickly.

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone thought other people were using Neggs and bought them just to resell them to someone else... but nobody actually used them for training? ;)

I'm sure there are people who think Neggs are a good investment (someone's buying them, right?), and I guess if you've got the money they're a fast way to train. Seems like a waste though, even if you have the money for them there are more reliable ways of increasing stats.

There are of course many ways to raise stats, but for the uber rich, more is always better... <_<

Basically, they can train, feed their pets neggs, and w/e people do to raise stats (I'm not actually quite sure of all the ways! :* ) all at the same time so I'm sure it goes faster that way.

Yeah, I never really knew the reason for getting negg tokens when the negg is usually soooo much cheaper on the SW or TP. Hmmmm...Why dont people just sell their neggs and use the np to buy a negg that they really want?

actually, for the super rich neggs could get to be a cheaper way to train pets, as a matter of fact. red codestones can get pricy, if you are attempting to train your pet to truly uber status neggs ought to be cheaper than what, 5 red codestones, which is 100k min?

super icy negg redeems for 6 negg tokens (key quest prize) and costs 6k, that's 100 negg tokens... that has to be enough for stat increasing neggs, thus being actually more cost efficient for super high level training.

does my logic make sense?

• 2 weeks later...