Dress to Impress, a wardrobe app

matchu

Hey! I see you!

Some days Dress to Impress gets more than 100 visits from this single old forum thread. That says to me that there is some serious interest at TDN in the epic win that Dress to Impress has to offer :)

First off, you might benefit from bookmarking Dress to Impress. Since it's a part of the OpenNeo project, you can find Impress at impress.openneo.net. Save yourself some time ;)

But, more importantly, if you find Dress to Impress to be helpful, let people know about it! Post some neat customizations in this thread (you can just copy the URL straight from the address bar), ask for help if there's something not yet in Impress's database, and give me feedback as we go along. I really want to be able to better engage the community, and take all of the energy surrounding Impress and put it toward something real and tangible :)

In fact, if you could link to this forum thread from your signature for a week or so, that would be absolutely fantastic! There's the Lutari image below, or you could drop in a screencap of one your dream customizations, or whatever you could ever want to do. I'll love you forever, and by sending more people to Impress, you make the database better for everyone! Thanks so much for all of your amazing effort, and please take the time to share Impress with the world!

[center][url=http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php/topic/19420-dress-to-impress-a-wardrobe-app-via-signature/][img=http://impress.openneo.net/assets/images/mascot.png][/url]
[b]Oh, sweetie, you look adorable![/b]
[url=http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php/topic/19420-dress-to-impress-a-wardrobe-app-via-signature/][size=6]Dress to Impress[/size][/url]
Neopets wearables made easy[/center]

mascot.png

Oh, sweetie, you look adorable!

Dress to Impress

Neopets wearables made easy

Here's the deal. There are plenty of wearables databases out there. None of them make it easy to see how your outfit will actually turn out once you spend all your Neopoints. Our simple goal is to make things simple for you - and it doesn't get much better than this.

Hey - it's easy!

ADtYA.png

Enter your pet's name and we start from that point exactly. What's that? Your pet is wearing a brand new item we've never seen before? No problem. We'll download the data then and there. In fact, that's the whole contribution model - type in a pet name, and we have the data. It's magic!

Once you're in, you have your imaginary closet. Move items in and out, wear and unwear them, search for more at the bottom, until you're completely satisfied. Then send the URL off to the world so you can show off, and start saving up those Neopoints!

Contributing is easy! Really, really easy!

All the data we get is user-contributed, so our users like to know what they can do to help. Just enter your pet's name, and we'll pull up a list of what items your pet could help model. Then just put those items on your pet real quick, click the button, and whammo! That's some free points for you! (We do our best to acknowledge and reward our top contributors for all their hard work, with fame, glory, and being better than everyone else.)

Everything's out in the open

That includes the project's source code. You can be confident that we won't try to do anything naughty - after all, every single thing that our site does is right there for your perusal. Quite simply, we couldn't get away with it.

This also means that absolutely anyone with good PHP/MySQL, HTML/CSS/JS, or even Actionscript knowledge has the opportunity to read the code, both to learn and to contribute. All it takes is a Github account to fork the project, make your changes, and ask for them to be pulled back in. We'll review your changes carefully, and accept constructive additions to Impress with ridiculous amounts of enthusiasm. No, seriously. We'll love you to death.

It's easy to stay informed and involved

We've got a neat little OpenNeo blog running to keep you posted on this and future projects. Plus, we have a special area just for feedback and suggestions - and if you have any ideas for future, non-wearables-related projects, in the sidebar you'll see the "New Ideas" forum for exactly that. The feedback tab is on every single page, so any time you have an idea, put it in! :)

Well, that's that!

Thanks for reading! Please check out Dress to Impress, and let me know what you think :) What does it do well? What could it do better? Spread the word, and thanks again! :D

I got an email about this, from my neoPortal, but my neoPortal never seems to work -_-. Thanks for posting the link here! I've been dying to try it!

Mhm, neoPortal is old. I've gotten so much better at coding since then xD

Next project on the OpenNeo list is a new portal, actually ;)