I hate Java

dragonlady

I know I have a problem with Java, as certain pages do not work well for me-like the pound. When I try to adopt, I get a javascript error and nothing happens when I click the button. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, disabling and enabling it in my browser-both FF and IE-to no avail.

I can transfer with no problems, so I've just let it go. However, I have a new problem with the daily dare. When I click to challenge, I get the popup asking me if I'm sure, then when I click yes-it's the same dead junk. I get a 'javascript void (0)' error in my status bar.

In short, it's bothering me again to fix it because I can't do any daily dare stuff.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Have you tried downloading a totally different browser such as Chrome and seeing if it works on that. Perhaps you should also check your security software to see if it is blocking javascript, as I can't actually think of another reason why it would not be working in both browsers. Also make sure you are not trying to open the links in new tabs, as you will get the void error by doing this.

Beyond doing all that, I would have absolutely no idea what is going on. And also if you do google it, make sure you specify javascript, as Java is a totally different programming language.

Hmm. I didn't know that javascript and java were two totally different things :sad01_anim: Which means I understand even LESS than what I originally thought lol

Yeah, I've worn google out trying to fix that mess when I couldn't adopt or create new pets.

I fixed it before on another laptop a while back, just don't remember what I did. My son broke it so I got a new one, and here I am again feeling like a dummy about something that's probably simple but beyond me.