So, how about this snow storm?

Kathryn

Anyone else here in the north east? I'm in Jersey and we are getting walloped! I need to get some pictures later.. but it's such a blizzard out there you can't even really see anything.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/stormwatch/

On a more positive note I get to have the day off from work :P not that I hate my job or anything, but having an official 'snow day' as an adult is kinda neat :yes:

I'm kinda jealous. I love getting tonnes of snow, but it hasn't been a very snowy winter. We got a couple feet of snow in December, almost none in January, and we've been getting a couple inches a day this month, but it's been a couple of years since we got a proper storm. So please send the snow west a bit!

I live in Croatia and here is really weird weather. Since last year (2009) there was a little bit of snow left (better ice, depending on how long it was melting little by little) and now it's a little snow storm... In short, it's pretty weird and confusing weather. First, they said that it's global warming, now ice age, and then they'll say again global warming... Could they decide for one of those? :laughingsmiley: o_O

I'm in Colorado... we've gotten hardly any snow this year. My husband (who's from Florida)feels that we have not gotten near the amount of snow that we should have. He wants to know where the blizzards are.

Yeah there's quite a bit of snow. Actually, a lot of snow. It's like 14-18 inches.

Kinda a bummer though. It's wasted on the weekend, and I doubt it's gonna affect school at all on Monday.

Yeah there's quite a bit of snow. Actually, a lot of snow. It's like 14-18 inches.

Kinda a bummer though. It's wasted on the weekend, and I doubt it's gonna affect school at all on Monday.

Agreed! I am so upset! I dont want school on Monday. But the weather people say there is another snowstorm coming on Wednesday... Maybe then we will have off from school.

We got like two feet where I live in South Jersey--and more tonight, apparently.

Classes at my college for cancelled Monday, and were cancelled for tomorrow due to anticipation of snow.

I'm personally annoyed. I like going to class. Plus, I didn't have heat or electricity for half of the weekend because the winds knocked out my power.

The roads here aren't so bad down my street only because it was plowed. The rest of town isn't looking so hot. It's raining where I am now, though, so we'll be expecting less snow and more ice, I imagine.

There were snow drifts taller than I was at my college yesterday. I really wanted to leap into one, but I figured that would be a bad idea so I refrained (plus, driving a half hour home covered in snow would have been unpleasant). XD

I love snow, but this is really getting on my nerves. Actually, it's not really the snows problem but the cities. A big city shouldn't get shut down just because of 2 feet of snow, Pittsburgh really dropped the ball on this one. Some streets still haven't been plowed or even salted, even main ones, and some stores can't get trucks in, sporadic mail, no garbage pickup... And it all started last Friday with plenty of warning ahead of time. It's ridiculous.

Last week New York finally got snow, and a lot of it. I played in it like a child for 5 hours (and I'm 13). This week we got some more, but it melted before any of it could pile up.

Last week New York finally got snow, and a lot of it. I played in it like a child for 5 hours (and I'm 13). This week we got some more, but it melted before any of it could pile up.

That's how my husband is. Our first big snow storm of the year, and he spent 5 hours outside building a snowman. (And he's 22.)

But he is also from Florida, and had never seen snow until he moved to Colorado in June.