Stupid Things You Thought As A Kid

Captain Awesome Pants

So, I know we've all had stupid thoughts that we look back now at and laugh at.

I was for sure a strange kid. I thought that there were aliens/zombies/mummies/men from the mafia that wanted to shoot me/men from the mafia that wanted to give me a shot of poison (I had an irrational fear of the stuff in needles) living under my bed. Who was living under my bed depended on what day it was. Zombies, Mummies, and Aliens would turn me into one of them if they touched me, but they could only touch me if I was under the covers. The men in the mafia could only kill me if my arm was hanging off the bed/my back was facing the wall AND I wasn't under the covers. I was a contradictory child. :P

So, share yours.

If I was a really nice kid and gave carrots and cookies to Santa, then the elves would get me extra presents. But then the gnomes would get jealous and want to kidnap me. And I'd have gnome nightmares. To defend myself from the gnomes, I ate extra applesauce. Gnomes are allergic to applesauce, you know.

First off, I though "Dump Truck" was pronounced "Dump ****" I was a total genuous there.

My brother and sister also convinced me at one point that the planet Uranus officially had it's name changed to "Urectum" I can't believe I fell for that one.

And I was absolutely terrified of the basement. I always thought something was going to chase me when I went up the stairs when all the lights were turned off. I didn't feel safe until I got to the staircase going upstairs and checked behind me to make sure nothing followed me.

Growing up I loved horror movies even if they scared me. The worst thing that got me convinced was Jeepers Creepers when it first came out. It just so happen I lived in the country and the farmers were growing corn. The irony was too real I was afraid to leave the house at night when they grew crops of corn.

(I would run to the car in the day time and hurry everyone along so we could get away as fast as possible just in case of attack)

Another thing was Aliens. I would get myself so convinced they were watching me I couldn't look out the windows at night, just in case they were peeking in.

Maaan, I used to think that having a funny laugh was bad. *funny laugh* :woot:

I thought I could fly.

Seriously... I went spinning around some pole in the playground and let go when I was at max speed, and I flew for a couple of seconds :D That's awesome :D

My mom had me convinced that when you eat a seed from an apple (you know, from the inside), then an apple tree would grow out of my mouth. So I totally freaked out when I accidentaly swallowed a seed. (I never quite understood why there was no tree.. :P)

Also, I believed that when a man and a woman hugged in bed, a child would be conceived.

This thread is fun :laughingsmiley:

-I thought a women's you know what was called a "chain"

-My teacher told my class that she thought a hurricane was an old guy smacking windows with a cane, and I picked up on that

-I thought a water bug looked like a Golden Snitch from Harry Potter

-I thought if I leave everybody and hide in a car during the Auto Show then people would pay attention to me.

-When my mother was pregnant with my brother, I thought she was a baloon. She told me otherwise after the 3 time I tackled her.

I thought if a check bounced it meant you get a new check back made of rubber... o.o

Also, I was afraid of the food police because if I didn't eat all my food they'd come and put me in jail, so I hid...

And I had a pet rock business. I made two pennies, a few erasers, and a mechanical pencil as profit from that business though! ^^

I had thought that the Muffin Man was a muffin. Blueberry, to be exact. Imagine a Mr. Potato head, but instead of the potato, there's a muffin. That's what I thought he was.

My grandmother used to tell me that seagulls were vicious creatures that would stop at nothing to get food. She convinced me that they would try to peck my eyes out to steal my food. This was "information" that would be liberally be shared with me each time she bought me food from a chip stand or somesuch.

One day, when I was five, my grandpa took me to the park and bought me an ice cream cone - pistachio-mint, my favourite! Of course, I was taking precautions against the greedy seagulls, as I ate my ice cream, by looking toward the ground and shielding my eyes with my free hand. Then, it started to rain. So, there I was, running behind my grandpa to the car, eyes closed, terrified of being swarmed under by ravenous seagulls, my ice cream held out in front of me as I ran. Well, my grandpa slowed down, and I ran smack into his behind with my ice cream! He was a little grumpy about it.

My grandmother nurtured many of these kinds of absurd fears in me, as a child. I eventually learned to ignore all of her truths about the world.

I remembered something else. I used to be petrified of being kidnapped. When my parents left me alone in the car anytime, I would freeze whenever anyone walked by. I thought that if they looked in, they would be like...Oh. Those people have a lifelike statue of a child strapped into the car. Alright. And then once they passed I could move again. LOl.

Really Domino? I did that too! I'd freeze in some odd position and think "If I sit really still, they'll think I'm a statue and they won't want to take me."

I also thought school had a purpose and that staying up late was really cool. Boy, was I wrong.

I seem to recall that at some point in my childhood I thought that gravity worked because there was a really big magnet in the ground and a magnet in us, and that's why we didn't fall off when we were on the upside-down parts of the world.

Exactly. No one wanted a life-size, colored statue. Duh. Haha so Laura did you freeze? Or did you want someone to call the cops on your parents? lol

And Livvy, that is a -very- good explanation for gravity. It definetly makes more sense than whatever Newton was saying. :D

the stupidest thing i thought of when i was a kid was that what happened in tv is real, i would be watching some next fantasy movie and think that if i broke the screen i would be able to go into the set and experience it live...

i know...crazy, and this was when i was almost 8 years old

My mom told me that too. D:<

&When I was 4-5, I thought that all vegetables (mostly carrots) would explode in my tummy if I ate it.

Whenever my mom tried to eat one, I'd scream and start crying. ;-;

& After I figured out that carrots aren't bombs, I thought if I ate a watermelon seed, there would be

a watermelon growing in my tummy(and it would explode at some point.)

Oh, I just remembered: When I was a kid, I was convinced that Europe and England were the same things. Or that England was the capitol of Europe. I was so geographically-impaired. :D

My mom told me that too. D:<

&When I was 4-5, I thought that all vegetables (mostly carrots) would explode in my tummy if I ate it.

Whenever my mom tried to eat one, I'd scream and start crying. ;-;

& After I figured out that carrots aren't bombs, I thought if I ate a watermelon seed, there would be

a watermelon growing in my tummy(and it would explode at some point.)

Speaking of things exploding, I used to think that if somebody was standing by money on the ground and wasn't picking it up, then they must've sneakily put it there because it had a bomb in it and they knew I was going to pick it up and then they could explode me. Dude, I was convinced everyone was out to kill me. :P