How long does the neopet fever last?

Maryyam

95 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been playing neopets?

• a week
    • less then a month
    • couple of months
    • over a year
    • hmm...when did i start? I'll get back to you on that one.

I've been on a break from it for a couple months. I still go on occasionally to buy backgrounds, clothes, feed pets, etc, but I don't play any games. If I was better at the games I wouldn't get sick of it so often. A lot of people say they're not good at the games, but I really mean it. I'm really, really bad at the games, and most other parts of the site too like stocks. So it gets boring for me quickly.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing since 2003 ( I think ) you can check if you feel like it lolz

<------------------

Anyway, I'd say I've only played for maybe a year if I didn't count the breaks in between. I keep coming back mostly for the people and I guess it's a bit nostalgic since Neopets was the first game I ever joined/played. (a little sad? maybe xD)

I actually spent quite a bit of time on Maplestory xD And then when I quit that, I took a bit of a break from games, and now I'm back to neo :3

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on neopets for 9 years now, but I take breaks for a year or two now and then. It's usually when things get boring, there is no new plots, etc. I try to come on and get my daily bank interest though, but I didn't even think about neopets for like 2 years, and am now back on, hating myself for all the interest I lost :P

I have been on nearly daily for the past two years. I wish I had known about it before then. I got started by being on with my then 7 year old daughter, helping her with her account. After a few months, I decided to get my own account and have had the fever ever since. My daughter doesn't even play anymore!

I've had my account for over 8 years and while I've gone through loooong periods of inactivity, the constant changing of the site makes it still fun for me :)

I have been Playing since February 23, 2009. Looks like I am the youngest (in Neopets) among all you guys. When I first joined, I hardly knew anything about it. But now I am a bit experienced as I spend most of my time in front of my computer logged in Neopets. :)

I usually go on hiatus after I've achieved whatever random goals I'd set...and that usually takes over a year x_x Hmm I think I first started neo when I was about 8 (so 2003ish) but my goal back then was to achieve a petpet hahah :oneeyed02:

I've been on a semi-break from it recently, but came back to get Cybunnys. After 6 years I've finally got one (three actually!), and then I finally got some NeoCash in honor of my preciouses. So I'm pretty happy with the site right now. What's there not to be happy about?

I've been playing for over 2 years now. I'm actually just coming on again after a several month hiatus. I left because I got extremely bored, and when I first tried to get back on I didn't really have anything to do except check up with my (awesome) guild. Then, I started getting into NQII... I've been getting on ever since (that was about a month or two ago), even though I kind of got bored with NQII a couple weeks ago. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing for over 5 years. Wow. I just got back on to Neopets after being inactive for about 2 years. So much to catch up on... For me, Neopets comes in phases. When I'm really into it, I can go on almost every day for about 2hrs each time I go on. When the obsession wears off, I can go without playing Neopets for months, even years.

I started in 2001 xD when I was 11. Some friends thought I was weird in highschool, but I've never really cared what other people think haha. My BF always laughs at me now too, but he plays some online game too so I think its a bit hypocritical! I have breaks for a long time, especially when I'm busy with uni and stuff. But every now and then I'll come back and have a wee go =]

I just hate missing plots and avatars! =[

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing my freshman year of high school (in late 2000). I think I got tired of the site after a while (I don't remember how long) and just kinda stopped playing. My first account I think was deleted for inactivity. I looked for it when I rejoined just over 4 years ago, and it was gone, so I made an account in the same name. I was in college when I rejoined. I had a lot of fun with the Altador plot when it first came out.

I stopped playing shortly after creating an account on TDN (I think that was about 2 years ago) when I got busy with college (and had a bad breakup and didn't want to sit on the computer as much). I decided to pick it up again a few months ago after I finished my undergraduate degrees.

I enjoy the plots and events, and I really wish I was still playing neopets during all of them - they're fun! I have a feeling I might disappear again for a bit sometime during graduate school (I start in August). We'll see. I do like neopets.

So, basically, like most people here, I've played on and off for a long time. I get tired with things, and then get addicted again. There are a ton more things on the site now than when I first joined (when I first came back it was a bit overwhelming) so I think it's easier to be addicted now.

My first account was in 2000-ish? I can't use it anymore though....so now my new one isn't as old, but I find I've been re-addicted. I'll probably take another break soon though, I find that tends to happen when I start a new mmo... :whistle:

I usually play neopets for some months before I end up taking a break. But most of the time, I usually come back. I quit back in Sept, or something around there. And I didn't play till 2 weeks ago. Now I'm hooked, and playing it daily. I'm usually trying to get avies, restocking, and getting new battledome items for my pets.

I have a habit of playing for a couple of months to a year and then taking a break that lasts for a few months, which is similar to many of you here.

When I'm hooked, I play it for at least an hour a day or I would just log in to buy shares and finish jobs occasionally if I am taking a break..

I've been on Neopets for nearly nine years. Since I was 10 and I'm 18 now, going to be 19 soon. (: It's kinda crazy to know how much time you've devoted to a site when it only feels like yesterday. :P Haha!

I started playing again in November 2009 after a friend reminded me of its existence. I had an account a long, long time ago (I remember playing the old version of Ice Cream Machine, and the Game Graveyard tells me that it was put to rest in Y5...) but I can't for the life of me remember my username, and the email account I used to make the account is since long-gone. So even if I were to find it out, I doubt I could re-claim it and de-ice it. Anyways...

I've completed quite a lot of goals (IMO, anyway) in a relatively short time. I didn't even really TRY to collect avatars until a few months ago, and I'm already up to about half. I've already got the lab maps... and I do the dailies every day. But I'm afraid that I dove into this too quickly, and got too excited and wanted to get everything really fast. And so I'm afraid it will be all over by the time I've been playing for about a year. :sad02:

Maybe once I've reached my goals (BD-related, expensive avatars, etc) is when I can expand my collection of pets into some cute chias, or save for some special pets, or something. But I want this to be fun for me for a long time... and it probably will. But there's the chance of course that I might get bored of it. And I don't want that to happen, because I love my pets! :yes: and I would hate to ever leave them. SO maybe that's what will keep the fever going.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing neopets since 2002, but I've taken many many long hiatuses! I lose interest, but then I get bored and decide to come back one day. Maybe that's just me, though :)