An error when I try to uninstall the Sims 3?

Nyssa

Okay so I don't know if anybody knows the answer, but I'm stuck.

I tried to uninstall the Sims 3 today, but when I did, I got an error, code: (-5005 : 0x8000ffff)

and it says something like; make sure that all the previous installations have been completed and that other applications are closed.

Soo then I tried to do it manually (big mistake I think) and deleted all the sims 3-stuff on my computer, which was too large for the bin, so I can't undo it.

Then I tried to uninstall again (because the icon was still there), same error code.

So I tried to re-install the sims, but it says that it's still on my computer (but I can't play it because I deleted everything I could manually delete).

So what does this error code mean? I googled it, but found nothing..

(I had to uninstall it because it wasn't working with the new expansion pack)

Hope someone can help..

I would suggest going into your programs and software in your control panel (the one that controls installations and uninstallers) This should show you the program and the last use, etc. Here try to uninstall it, it should override the games install/uninstall program and use the windows version. Hopefully that should be able to uninstall it for you! If not then I am stumped as to why it would do that... unless you need to uninstall the add on first?

But I haven't installed any addons.

And I already tried the programs and software thing.. thanks though :)

Not a problem, I know one place you should go since your using windows with this issue... there is a website (can be easily googled) that helps microsoft users. Just look up Microsoft tech help and you should find it. There you can post your issue and someone who is verified knowledgeable about it can give you their thoughts and solution.