Do you think codestones will rise in price again?

nubrme

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably, but not as much as they did in the holiday season

They inflated so much during the holiday season last year for two reasons: the 10x score thing (meaning people have more Neopoints to spend on stuff) and the larger prize pool in KQ (less of a chance of winning codestones). They'll probably keep doing the "seasonal" prizes, so that will make codestones inflate a little, but unless the 10x send score thing comes back or a war occurs, I don't see them inflating THAT much.

• 3 weeks later...

hmm, I hope so. I find a lot of these things lying around neopia. I just set some for 2000NP, no one has bought it yet. You'd think that because the codestones are avatar items, they would be rather pricey ;/

KQ is probably the only reason they're not tens of thousands of NP right now. People play KQ and win Codestones all the time, so there's plenty of supply to meet the demand.

On another note, I have noticed they've gone up slightly recently, because KQ is giving out candy items now. Larger prize pool means lower chance of winning them.

I'd say that the only reason that they would inflate much, is either if demand went steeply up due to a war/plot or TNT finally upgrading/adding to the battledome, or if supply shrank due to them no longer being a prize in KQ or becoming a less common random event. At the moment I seem to be getting codestones through random events at least every other day, which is why they are currently so cheap.

I haven't payed close attention to the price points, but over the years i've been playing codestones have usually been in the range of a couple thousand np... i feel like i do remember looong ago (~7 years) they were closer to 10k typically, then around 5k a few years later. i'll trust you all to be able to figure out the current market value <_<

What's a war plot?! When's the last time that we've had one??

A war plot is a plot where you battle opponents to earn points. They can either be one-sided, where everyone fights the same opponents, or two-sided, where people pick either the "good" or "evil" side and battle a unique set of challengers, depending on which side you chose. Also, as the war goes on, the challengers get harder and harder until the "war boss(es)", the strongest opponent(s), appear(s).

The last war plot we had was Curse of Maraqua in 2005. Also, people keep talking about an Editorial that confirms war plots are retired, but I saw that Editorial, and it confirms nothing of the sort. Just that the event that turned out to be the first Altador Cup wouldn't be a war. So there is no proof that war plots are retired.

Until Keyquest is gone, they will never inflate more than 400 - 800 NP. They just are too easy to get now. Before this, I think the only way to get them was through Random Events, Tombola, and a few other things. They were somewhat difficult to get, which made them slightly expensive. Now they are very easy to get, hence making them cheaper.

I'm glad, because it makes it easier to train pets. (:

I wish the prices would go higher because I don't use codestones! My pet is still young so I still use dubloons, they are so much cheaper! I am always getting codestones, though, from REs and KQ so I hope they do inflate! Which they probably won't until KQ stops giving them out, which is annoying because then I won't have any of the now expensive codestones to sell!

I wish the prices would go up. I don't know why it matters to me though. I've been stock-piling them for months. I have over 45 codestones of all types. I plan to sell them eventually. So I guess that's why it would be nice if the price went up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use dubloons, so it doesn't really concern me. It would be great if the prices did go up, though, because I actually have quite a few in my SDB. [:

You may be using Dubloons now, but after a while, you'll have to use codestones, up to 3 I think o_O....and then the red ones...

I guess following that logic, I kinda want the prices to stay low, and hopefully go lower. But for those people that have hundreds of them stocked up to sell...probably not so great of news..

Yin and Yang? :D

• 2 weeks later...

eo are expensive @_@ kq needs to give them out

KQ does give out Eo Codestones. They in fact seem to be the most common sort that I get.

Yeah I definitely got one of these from KQ yesterday. I sold it for just over 10k ^_^

I've barely trained my pets at all, any stat increases come mostly from Coltzan's Shrine and maybe a few faerie quests here and there. I'm just not a battledom-er -_- so I see no point in training up my pets' levels and such. Maybe in a while when I've saved all the NPs for all the things I want to buy... then once I have them I can use the stones/dubloons I get for training. Meh.

Yeah I definitely got one of these from KQ yesterday. I sold it for just over 10k ^_^

I've barely trained my pets at all, any stat increases come mostly from Coltzan's Shrine and maybe a few faerie quests here and there. I'm just not a battledom-er -_- so I see no point in training up my pets' levels and such. Maybe in a while when I've saved all the NPs for all the things I want to buy... then once I have them I can use the stones/dubloons I get for training. Meh.

I totally agree with you. I never gave much importance to codestones and not even the dubloons. I just dump then in my shop as soon as I get them.

My pets have probably leveled up because of Coltzan's Shrine. It's totally free and at least 3 or 4 times in a week, I get a level up.

And yes, Key Quest gives such a huge amount of Codestones. And as usual, I dump them into my shop. :P

But I am not a Key Quest player anymore as it's not running in my web browser. :(

Anyways, I usually sale my codestones between 5k to 8k. People will buy them, no matter what.