Chartjackers!

Matt

Oh hai there, TDN peoples. :)

I'm here to help spread the word of the almighty Chartjackers Project. No idea what that is? Well, let me tell you...

b00mwyfl_512_288.jpg

There's a charity called Children in Need here in the UK. Every year, the BBC host a night of entertainment dedicated to raising money for the charity, which hehlps children who haven't had the best start to life.

This year, they have banded together with the YouTube community to create an entirely crowd-sourced song called "I've Got Nothing" to raise money for Children in Need. Every part of that song was created by the people of the Internet. Isn't it amazing? You can watch the video and get a little bit more info on the project at www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYDRWXjJlB4

What they need now - and as the name implies - is for you to to onto iTunes and buy their song, with the aim of getting it into the charts and raising the profile of Children in Need, and lots of money for it along the way.

You can find the song by searching "I've Got Nothing" or "ChartJackers" on iTunes, or follow this link to open iTunes and send you straight to it: www.tinyurl.com/CJiTunes

You know you want to buy it, eh? It's only 79p and all the money raised through the sales goes to Children in Need directly. No funny business, just the fuzzy warm feeling inside that you're doing good to the world. :)

They are aiming to get to number 1 in the UK charts, and so any purchases made outside the UK - which still donate your 79p-worth to Children in Need - won't count towards their total to jack the charts. So if possible, get someone in the UK to buy it for you, or even buy it yourself and make them buy their own copy. Better yet, get lots of people to buy their own copies in the UK. Spread the word! :D

It's for a great cause, so if you have 79p to spare, go ahead and buy it. I won't hate you if you don't, but if enough people do buy it, then you'll get to see people do silly things on their YouTube channel. Fun timessss

Sooo yeah. That's the word spread. Go buy it, and tell your friends! Tell them I sent you. =]

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds like such a lovely cause! But I don't live in the UK so my purchase won't be a help to the jacking of the charts. But I believe I may have to still buy the song anyway. I love supporting charities like this.

*wooshes off to iTunes to do good across the pond*