Please evaluate my battle set

Though I have been playing Neopets for nearly 7 years, I am relatively new to the battledome. I have been taking advantage of the great information that tdn has to offer and doing lots of research. Here's what I've got so far..

My Pet Stats (copied straight from Neopets) *Note - My training method and these Battledome scores were "pre-tdn research":

Name : Forestbite321

Species : Eyrie

Agility : 23 (GREAT (23))

Attack Strength : 40 (EXCELLENT (40))

Defence Strength : 33 (GREAT (33))

Current hp: 79 / 69

Level : 37

BattleDome Scores

Played: 185

Won : 151

Lost : 29

Drawn : 5

Score : 11566

Withdraws Made : 0

Withdraws Received : 0

My new battleset (post-tdn research and what I could afford):

Ylanas Blaster

Golden Compass

Frost Cannon

Green Scorchstone

Honey Potion

Downsize!

Sophies Magic Hat

Scarab Ring

After these purchases, I am broke until I sell/trade another 1m worth of items that I own. I earn around 6k per day avg in games (up to 12k when I have oodles of time).

Is what I have here balanced enough for my pet to be a formidable opponent within its stat range? If it needs improvement, what does it need (based on my "financial status")? I deeply appreciate your taking time to read/input here.

my pet stats are

Lvl : 25

Str : 35

Def : 20

Mov : 14

Hp : 32 / 32

I'm trying to get him to the point where fighting th eavatar battledome challengers will be easy. If you do the research on what pet you want to fight and figure out what stats you should have, you can train towards your goal. And those items are pretty good too. Again, depending on who you are trying to beat in the 1 player BD, there is a list of items that will help you win the battle.

and if you have about an 1-2 hours depending on how good you are at games, I recommend viewing the petpage of JubbyJubJack on neopets. it has a great 50k a day guide with links to games and dailies.

If you are good at playing key quest, you should play 5 keys with 2 players. 1st and 2nd place prizes will often give you codestones that will help you train your pet.

I hope this info has helped you, for it is helping me.

Ditch the Frost Cannon and green scorchie (how much is that anyways?). Get Snowglobe Staff as freezer. Greater Healing Scroll for healing, and after you have 100ish HPs, morph the pet with Kacheek Transmogrification potion and get an Kacheek Healing Potion.

Now, it depends wether you want to do 1P, 2P or both. Since I'm not an expert on 2P, I'll focus on the 1P insight.

If you are going to get the avatars from all opponents/beat them all one time or something, either sell the Ylanas Blaster (I recommend you keep it though, and sell other stuff instead). Get 2 Prickly Potions to go with the current set, an' you will have the best approx. 1 mill. set that can beat all challengers with approx 200 HPs. So your set would look like this.

Ylanas Blaster (Ice Club/Stone Club/Golden Compass)

Golden Compass

Snowglobe Staff

Greater Healing Scroll (After 100 HP+ --> Morph/transmog to kacheek and Kacheek Life Potion.

Honey Potion (Sophies Magic Hat)

Downsize!

Prickly Potion

Prickly Potion

If you don't want to morh your pet to a kacheek, you'll need Bag of Healing Dust, but that's expensive.

Also, Cassie: If you want all BD avies, the hardst one to beat is the Space Faerie. Using a weaker verion of this set, I beat her with 150ish HPs, but that needs luck.

- Dante -

Hey dante thanks. I read up on the TDN article of the space faerie and it showed some stats that your pet might want to have before battle.

level 50

HP 200

Strength 125

Defense 55

and then using the items

scroll of freezing

prickly potion

thick smoke bomb

dual battle mirror

shooting star muffin

lucky robots foot.

Is there any truth in this? will those items work with her? I don't have her as a challenger yet because I haven't turned in a code yet.

Ditch the Frost Cannon and green scorchie (how much is that anyways?). Get Snowglobe Staff as freezer. Greater Healing Scroll for healing, and after you have 100ish HPs, morph the pet with Kacheek Transmogrification potion and get an Kacheek Healing Potion.

Now, it depends wether you want to do 1P, 2P or both. Since I'm not an expert on 2P, I'll focus on the 1P insight.

If you are going to get the avatars from all opponents/beat them all one time or something, either sell the Ylanas Blaster (I recommend you keep it though, and sell other stuff instead). Get 2 Prickly Potions to go with the current set, an' you will have the best approx. 1 mill. set that can beat all challengers with approx 200 HPs. So your set would look like this.

Ylanas Blaster (Ice Club/Stone Club/Golden Compass)

Golden Compass

Snowglobe Staff

Greater Healing Scroll (After 100 HP+ --> Morph/transmog to kacheek and Kacheek Life Potion.

Honey Potion (Sophies Magic Hat)

Downsize!

Prickly Potion

Prickly Potion

If you don't want to morh your pet to a kacheek, you'll need Bag of Healing Dust, but that's expensive.

Also, Cassie: If you want all BD avies, the hardst one to beat is the Space Faerie. Using a weaker verion of this set, I beat her with 150ish HPs, but that needs luck.

- Dante -

K, I traded in green scorchstone for greater healing scroll (350k vs 42k), but regarding the snowglobe staff, all of the reviews I'm reading say the black frost cannon is an upgrade to the staff. Black Frost Cannon is 800k while the staff is 48k, but I want the best freezer I can afford.. You think the staff is better?

@Cassie:Yeah, those work, but this was my strategy, and takes luck with those stats... With 200 HPs it should be a walk in the park. It just gives you a change to beat her earlier.

@Hunter:It was Black? Yeah, it has slightly better freezerate, but since 1-P with Prickly Potions really rarely use freezing at all (and even when it does, you either use a 100% freezer or use it on first turn, in which case if it fails, you can withdraw and try again). So to make sure we have a best possible 1-P set here, we don't need the few 2% of freezingrate that it adds, and with the 750kish that is left over after switching can be used to much better sets.

On 2-P, this would be very different, but like I said, I'm not so much of a professional in 2-P, so I'll leave that one to be.

(In 2-P it makes diffrence, besides it does sure damage) <-- Oops. I did it anyways.