Treasure Maps

wolfen

I've collected the entire treasure map set, but I"m not sure if I want to use it or sell the set off. I heard it's mostly not worth it, but I've gotten most of the pieces from RE and there is a tiny chance of getting something good... I guess it's really up to you if you want to complete a map or not. :)

Never completed a treasure map, though I do have quite a few pieces in my SDB for keyquest or RE's, I'm trying to earn the whole lab map to sell, it'd be a nice 800K. I'd say collect them and sell it as people think it is easier to buy the whole set at a higher price than buying them all individually.

I've heard its really not worth buying them (apart from the secret lab and the petpet lab). You only get around 10k and it'll cost more than that to get all the pieces. However if you win all the pieces... well, thats up to you... If you want to get more neopoints, I'd sell them, but if you're not too bothered or are a gambling man, assemble them :)

EDIT: I've just collected all of the petpet map (average cost of 800nps, with 9 pieces), and got 10,000nps back. So in that case - its a brilliant investment!

Well actually, the petpet map isn't a very good investment because the Lab Map costs 800k and you can only use the petpet lab map if you have the lab map (which i personally think is crazy. :P) I don't think it's worth it, but it's totally your choice. :D

Well actually, the petpet map isn't a very good investment because the Lab Map costs 800k and you can only use the petpet lab map if you have the lab map (which i personally think is crazy. :P) I don't think it's worth it, but it's totally your choice. :D

If you already have a lab map and you've gotten most of your petpet lab pieces from RE or very cheaply, then it's actually a very good investment. You can also get some really cool-looking petpet's if you don't plan on taking the petpet off from your pet. I think both lap map and petpet map are good investments. :)

Yeah, I agree that the Lab Map and (maybe) the Petpet Lab Map are really the only ones actually worth something good. :)

It really is a gamble.

I used one once and received an item worth 300k so I broke even.

Apparently you have the chance at a draik egg?

But my girlfriend raided my sdb for the extra pieces and she used it and only came out with about 80k in stuff so she lost 220k(mostly mine) but its the fun of gambling. Id prefer to stick to neocola tokens or something to try and get a transmogrification potion, its cheaper and like the same payout basically.

And I don't think that keyquest will have much of a factor on treasure maps because they lab map pieces stay as high as they are which is amazing but Its probably because rich people want the unpaintable pets faster.(my girlfriend and i currently have 4 lab rays trying to get her an msp poogle)

But with the price of unbuyables inflated its likely people will win around 300k worth of loot from the treasure map so the price wont really go down.

Not to mention that if people use them, the pieces will disappear. So no worries about inflation I think.

But in general, I don't think it's worth it.

I remember way back when there was this game called 'Treasure Hunt'. With this you could get one piece a day.. those were the days.