^<v Game

Revenge

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ With nuts.

< *grumbles at various software manufacturers injecting their poorly written add-ons into Firefox without asking for the user's permission, thus causing Firefox to become slow and unstable*

v Any idea where to get cheap, yet still fairly well functioning laptop batteries?

^Ebay? I can find almost everything there.... But if you want brand specific, I have no idea. If you lived in the US or Canada, I would say try newegg, but I don't think they ship international....

< I know that probably didn't help at all, LOL

v What is your favorite kind of soup?

^ Wanton soup. :yes:

< My laptop battery is faulty. :( On the bright side, I can now use an SSH tunnel to access TDNF securely from uni.

v What's the time?

^ I always get Civilization and Age of Empires confused, but one of those...

< There was also another one that was just as much fun, but I can't remember much about it. You could choose from several different alien races and then how many other races were on the planet. Each alien species had various pros and cons in regards to research, building, stamina, etc. Then you see who can conquer the world first.

v Do you have any idea about what the game I'm talking about might be?

^ No, but I will do some research. I prefer Age of Empires to Civilizations myself. I like being able to control every tiny aspect, and civilizations, while awesome does not allow me that control.

< Every time I watch the Tropicana commercial with the supposedly 16 oranges jumping into the orange juice container, I only ever count 15.

v Do you eat crumpets? :D :D :D

^ I've eaten them before, but unfortunately I don't have access to them at the moment.

< *sits back*

v Do you always sit too close to the screen?

^ No, I sit far enough away at all times. I just got a new monitor which makes that even easier, too.

< gogo 22 inch LCD monitor with HDMI capabilities. It has better picture than my TV! LOL!

v Have you rid yourself of your old CRT monitor yet?

^ Hmm. We have a fairly old low-res CRT TV upstairs, but our computers are all laptops with LCDs. :yes:

< That said, my netbook's screen is frustratingly short at times.

v Do you have trouble playing high-resolution video?

^ I dunno. I haven't tried yet! I just set the thing up like, 3 hours ish ago. XD

< Is going to go watch a DVD on her computer now.... Her screen looks so much better than her TV.......

v What movie are you next going to see?

^ Um. I don't know.

< Probably something random that I stumble across while channel surfing. xD

v Do you exercise regularly?

^ Programming. :D

< Although stiff, aching, and/or locked limbs often result (and persist) thanks to a genetic disorder.

v Pie?

^ Only if it is fresh peach pie. Or Pumpkin, Or boysenberry. I am starting to warm up to apple pies, but only because I started making them myself... LOL

< I prefer salty things to sweet things. Or sour things. I like those, too.

v Popcorn?

^ Sure. :)

< *eats just about anything* xD

V Have you ever tried a Linux distro?

^Yes. It was a horrible one and installed itself in Arabic, and called itself Windows Crystal.... It was awful. I managed to change the language to English for the normal computer, but then the password to get into the computer was still in arabic, and I could not get in. You can imagine how long that lasted. I'll take my user-friendlyish, problem-riddled windows for now, thank you.

< Is quite happy with her computer set ups. Wants to try one Linux distro but cannot remember what it is called. Also wants to try Windows 7, but has not enough ram.

v Do you know a good site to download NDS roms? Romulation no longer supports them... :'(

^ I'm afraid I'm not familiar with such sites. :(

< I can, however, say that the Linux distribution you tried out sounds kinda lame. :P I highly recommend checking out Linux Mint, which is the most awesome Linux distro for new users out there. Like all modern Linux distros, it comes on a Live CD, so you don't need to install it to try it out. ;)

v How's the Daily Dare going?

^ Um...

< You can wash those things? (:

v Ever found an actual useful textbook?

^ Yes. A Cisco Networking textbook from a long time ago. But I read it a long time ago, too. I bought it in a second hand store for two dollars.

< I am busy wondering why my kitten seems to be obsessed with the shower....

v How do you like your steak? Assuming you are a carnivore. If not, fave tofu dish?

^ Umm... I like my steak with tofu. :P

< LOTS of tofu thank you very much. :yum:

v Do you recognise the unit in my signature?

^ It seems not, although it might have something to do with the fact that we don't have much seasonal stuff at all here. xD

< My signature does indeed contain a Banshee. Ironic that it's hard to see, isn't it? :P

v Any musical preferences?