Least Favorite Video Game?

Jikuu

We have the favorite video game thread, so let's hear which one you dislike the most? The one that disappointed you or was poorly executed, give it proper slander here!

Me? I hate Final Fantasy 8. To use my old friend's words, I want to flush Squall down the toilet. I really dislike his personality, even with his development later in the game. He never really seems to break out of the "anti-hero" thing. To me, that's as appealing as Sephiroth as a bishie. Not at all. Oh, and Rinoa's not exactly a favorite either, but you're stuck with Squall the whole time, so I reserve more dislike for him.

Squall? He's Leon in Kingdom Hearts, right? Leon's pretty cool imo....

My least favorite games would be movie video games. Like Eragon, or Madagascar, or something. They're always just about the same, and you can finish them in like a day.

Halo 3. Muahahahaha. I know I'm so evil. But I'm serious. the reason why is I hate the level design, the flood, and the story so much it's scary. and great FPS's like half-life, CoD, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark, are underrated because of that game.

We have the favorite video game thread, so let's hear which one you dislike the most? The one that disappointed you or was poorly executed, give it proper slander here!

Me? I hate Final Fantasy 8. To use my old friend's words, I want to flush Squall down the toilet. I really dislike his personality, even with his development later in the game. He never really seems to break out of the "anti-hero" thing. To me, that's as appealing as Sephiroth as a bishie. Not at all. Oh, and Rinoa's not exactly a favorite either, but you're stuck with Squall the whole time, so I reserve more dislike for him.

Personally, I didn't mind FFVIII. I also hated Squall with a blinding passion, and it irritated me to no end that Rinoa was the best spellcaster in the game, since I was trying to use her as little as possible. But,

when I found out that the entire game was actually about Laguna, whom I thought was the best character in the game, it made up for having to put up with Squall & friends.

And, Triple Triad was probably the most awesome minigame ever.

In reality, though, Cloud was almost as bad as Squall. Not quite, but almost. Squall was just the benchmark that seems to have resulted in most RPGs being dominated by a whiny, irritating emo brat as the main character. It's mostly resulted in me losing interest in VG RPGs.

Hmm, many of the games I've played and didn't like were games that were subpar additions to a game series I loved. FFIX, FFX, Tales of Symphonia, Silent Hill 4, Alundra 2... I'm sure that there are other games I've been disappointed with, but i can't think of any of them right now.

Of the games I've listed, FFIX was probably the biggest disappointment. I had preordered it from a games store in Newfoundland, so I had to wait for it to come in the mail, only to be fairly disappointed by it. The characters were all pretty childish and way too young for me to find any appeal. The main villain, Kuja, was also pretty lame. I don't really understand the capacity in which he was the ultimate bad guy in the game. He just seemed to be a bit insane and not very nice, but I don't recall there being events in the game that would cause the player to build a hatred for him, apart from his lack of fashion sense. The Queen was a much better villain than Kuja.

Of the games I've listed, FFIX was probably the biggest disappointment. I had preordered it from a games store in Newfoundland, so I had to wait for it to come in the mail, only to be fairly disappointed by it. The characters were all pretty childish and way too young for me to find any appeal. The main villain, Kuja, was also pretty lame. I don't really understand the capacity in which he was the ultimate bad guy in the game. He just seemed to be a bit insane and not very nice, but I don't recall there being events in the game that would cause the player to build a hatred for him, apart from his lack of fashion sense. The Queen was a much better villain than Kuja.

Awwww, I LOVED FFIX! (my fav of them all)

Even though the characters were childish, I get a deeper connection on each individual character when compared to like FFVII, and FFVIII. True, I thought Kuja was a woman at first but he's as insane as Sepiroth, except Sepiroth is all going about his "mother" and being "god" when Kuja literally wanted to kill everything in a "fashionable" way xD

Plus Zidane was a good change from Cloud and Squall since both share a personality in a way while Zidane is a funny pervert xD

I don't know, I love FFIX out of them all and will continue to love it even with the lack of fans :)

Plus Vivi beats EVERY FF character out there :P

For my least favorite game though...have to say Parappa the Rapper xD

Can easily be beaten in a matter of hours, corny music, and storyline put me to sleep :(

I played it cause I love cute things and the characters ARE cute....just not very interesting lolz.

I agree heartily with most of what dear Meagan has said. I believe what she blacked out is correct, but it wasn't there enough for my taste. I've come to forgive FFIX, though, as it used to be my most hated game. Not for the characters, mind you, but the story and the whole "crystal comes back" tagline they kept force-feeding us. Vivi was the only reason I finished it. I still mock the ending though. So dramatic to no good effect. Bah.

As for Leon in KH2, that was a more mature version of him. People have the ability to change. He just didn't do it in 8 to my taste. And as far as I'm concerned, Kingdom Hearts was a crappy Final Fantasy/Disney fanfic with original characters that the bigger companies ripped off. The crap about light and darkness sounded half-hearted and hardly thought out. It was in the same vein that Xenogears is supposed to be philosophical. You can fool a 13 year old who's new with the way of things. Not the older folk, though.

Oh, my new dislike? Dissidia. Mainly because they brought back a lot of that KH crapola into the game. Cloud and Squall are still crappy loners, Terra wasn't as pitiful in 6 as she is here, and the baddest that the villains get is a lame 2nd-grade-level mind game they play on all the heroes. And THEY FALL FOR IT! I hope they all get sucked into a black hole.