The Disc

Guest �strophysicist

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There's only a slight problem with that. Over 100 years ago, my great-great-great grandmother invented something she called 'Electric Fondue'. It's a solution that makes skin unpeircable by anything made before the year 3000. They started injecting it into babies 200 years ago." Sparky was unsure. "Why does he want us? I can't live in this field straight out of a romance Lightstar."

The soldier lowered his weapon, "Look, do you want to know why you are here or not? I can't answer any questions because, honestly, I don't even know why you are here. I only know the system we are in. Sol; age 4.65 billion years, yellow, 8 known planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune."

"Actually, twelve: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Earth2, Earth3, Lunar, and MS4. Fine. I'll go with you. I want to get back home to my Junk and my friends. I want to get back to my dog the most." Sparky said the last part under her breath. Why? Dingo was the only thing I had along with Dr. Dringo and Max! Why does that have to be ripped from me?

The soldier said, "Mind your arms and legs."

Suddenly they were surrounded by a yellow beam and instantly transported to a large room, standing in the middle was a man in the shadows.

"Well, do you have any idea why you are here?" said the man, but before they could reply he said, "You are here because you stumbled upon proof of my existence. I released those boxes as drones to find information on the current condition of humanity in the Sol system. Nothing has changed since the 21st century. Demands, bitterness, hate, love..." he paused as if he was gathering himself. Then the lights turned on.

It was all too strange, the man looked like he was only 40. No rejuvenation known to mankind can erase over a thousand years of life.

"I also sent one of my malfunctioning droids to collect that book in Tokyo. I never meant for anyone to get involved in this. When I got word of the droid's stupidity and failure, I sent other models to quickly collect the drones and the book. Instead I started something I never meant to happen. I cannot let you leave either. You know too much. Now, do you have any questions for me? Because I have several for you."

Sparky snorted. "What's us to you?!? You already took our families and friends! You're being a heartless tyrant. Now, why CAN'T we go home?" She was enraged. But an interesting thought swam through her brain: He looks only 40. How did he get to be that way? I know that a new way of growing younger is to implant your brain into a new body, but how could he know how to do that? And how did his stupid disc get in here? I thought that they had started injecting Electric Fondue into the atmosphere a few years ago. And what's up with his hair?

"You misunderstand my intentions, I built the Disc to escape the tyrany of mankind. I came in a covert manner to observe the current situation that is your society. But, my six information cubes which were gathering information were found by you and your military. I sent one of my stealth bots to take the cubes and wipe your minds. But the damn thing malfunctioned, so I had to be more aggressive to acquire my property. Apparently, you were resistant. And I could not allow you to stay on Earth with the information you gained. Now that you are here I am allowing you to ask any questions or requests you may have, in return I will allow you to accompany me in my journey throughout the stars. To my current understanding, the Sol system is the only home of mankind. The disc can exceed the speed of light. With my command, we could be at Alpha Centauri, which is 4.3 light years away, in under 10 days. I have seeded other systems with the hope that they will spark with life. I am a gardener. I am not an evil creature, I spread life where there is no life. I attempt to bring peace to struggling species. But I could not help my own species." his voice was calming and understanding.

"And this answers my question, how? What good are you doing to the mankind on this stinkin' Disc? Also, you need an update! People are taking cheap vacations on Polaris. People are already moving faster then light. Alpha whatever is inhabited, by us. And what's wrong with knowing a little info? This disc could greatly help my collection of outdated computer parts." Sparky was growing impatient. What is UP with him? He answers none of my questions. But avoids them entirely!

"I am amazed, if what you are saying is true, then Humanity care not for the beauty of the star systems I have been to. I understand humans at Alpha Centauri, as the last time I was there was 1300 years ago. Infact, I left a gift for humanity when they finally made it to Alpha Centauri. And I believe it was that gift that allowed humans to inhabit Alpha Centauri. Now to answer your question, I am not holding you here against your will. You are free to leave at any time, of course the only way out it through the airlock where you will die instantly in the vacuum of space." he turned to the nearest soldier and gave him a new weapon, a plasma repeater.

"To what my soldier has just told me, you can't be killed my projectile weapons. Which is why I just started production of some plasma repeaters based on the design one of my droids brought up from Earth. I can't let Humanity invade my space any longer. I will destroy the Polaris colonies now if I have to. My seeded planets must have time to develop, even if I have to erase a species from existence. I am sorry you have to get caught up in this. Any other questions before we leap to one million times light speed?"

"Yea, ERASE THIS!" Sparky socked the man in the middle of his face. The man crumpled and Sparky got her PortaPod out of her pocket. If I don't time this right, bye-bye, World! Sparky got in the airlock and turned on her PortaPod. The exact second the airlock opened, Sparky activated her PortaPod and disappeared.

Nemo scrambled to his feet, one of the soldiers helped him up.

"Cancel my last order, activate the main weapons. Destroy that fleet that has decided to arrange outside our space. Then vaporize EARTH!" shouted Nemo, looking out the window.

"Yes sir!" replied the soldier, running out of the room.

"SIR!" shouted a crewman aboard the Disc.

"Speak crewman." replied Nemo.

"Long-ranged sensors indicate a disturbance in the T-7098 star system."

Nemo's eyes widened, dear almighty creator above please let it not be the humans.

"Cancel all my past orders. We must set a course for T-7098. The Flood is upon us. The fate of the galaxy may rest in our hands. TEN MILLION TIMES THE SPEED OF LIGHT! WE MUST GET THERE NOW!!!!!"

The Disc began to glow an intense light that overpowered the sun a thousand times. Earth had a temporary new sun, before the Disc completely vanished without a trace.

The Disc had slowed down and stopped above a gray world. There were a few orbiting survey ships of Human design no doubt. Scans indicated no life on board any of the stations.

"Damn, we're too late." said Nemo, "Scan the surface, find any human drop ships. We may have to go to the surface."

Damned humans, they may have doomed the entire galaxy.

"Sir, scans indicate drop ships. Origin, unknown." said one of the crew.

"Holographics." said Nemo.

"Online, holographics indicate strong Flood presence. Alien Flood. Lifeforms we have never encountered. Technology that vastly more advanced than the Human's"

"As if things can't get any worse, now we have an unknown alien species that was here long before Humans even knew about this system. Do the scans indicate any human drop ships?" asked Nemo.

"None, sir."

"That's bad."

"Why is that bad, sir?"

"Because if there are no human drop ships, then the Flood has taken them to other systems. Gentlemen, our worse fears have been realized. The parasite is on the loose and no one can stop it, except us."

"And just how do you propose we do that sir?"

((So crazily off topic it's not even funny: You're aren't on the other roleplays!!!))

Everyone arrived on the ship the moment after the disc left, but it was too late. Aliens had arrived. They took the ship by force and killed all the men. The women and children had a purpose.

Suddenly little spider-like yellow bugs crawled around all of the humans on the ship, then horrible yellowish-looking mutated humans gathered around them. Screeching horribly.

Just then a little neon green ball floated and said, "Hello, I am 007 Trock. I am the monitor of installation 01. The flood have escaped. They are parasitic organisms that take over sentient bodies and use them. That is how these other humans became mutated. Your species is quite remarkable. Weak and brilliant, yet you heal so quickly. Well that is about it, you gave the Flood what they wanted. A way out of the prison which Nemo forced them. Oh, and best of all, they can't die by plasma weapons."

Just then, the yellow bugs attacked the humans. The didn't stand a chance. Then the Flood had control of the PortaPods. Suddenly, the galaxy wasn't safe for any life form.

Human Flood Warrior:

Flood_Human.jpg

Flood Spore:

Flood_Infection.jpg

Except Sparky. She was on her way to the farthest corner of the galaxy. She had updated her PortaPod for anything. If anything interfeared with it, she would fight it off. As she raced through the galaxy, just fast enough that she could see things, she saw the Flood. Oh God....

Location: 683234 Fetrani system, unknown to humanity due to cloaking.

A large squid-like alien with blue metallic armor came into view, it conversation translated to English as it spoke into the intercom, "Nemo, we did our part. Now use it to end the Flood."

A monitor showing Nemo appeared, "It isn't that simple, I have humans chasing me and I am trying to avoid as many casualties as I can. I am about to open the Disc's shield, beam aboard anytime you feel while I am here. The view is spectacular."

"I will get permission from the council, things are getting out of hand down here. I fear civil war." replied the alien.

"Hopefully this Flood threat ends before civil war can begin." said Nemo, not knowing that while he was lowering the indestructible shields hundreds of Flood Spore, along with Flood Warriors, teleported onto the Disc. On the opposite side of the Disc, humans that lived on the Disc were in serious danger.

Sparky was on the Disc again. Except she was disguised as a Flood warrior. Sparky moved with the immense crowd of warriors down the Disc. But she slipped away to warn the man. She found him. "You! There's a great crowd of Flood wariors coming this way!"

"Your not lying, men! Take them out!" he said, and the men ran out of the building with assault rifles.

"The Flood is spreading, but how did they get here? Last I checked they were all in the T-7098 star system." asked Nemo.

"Humans and your curiosity, I can control the threat on the Disc. But not in the Galaxy. This is throwing other things into chaos. And I don't want you involved." said Nemo, then a yellow beam surrounded Sparky and she was teleported to another room aboard the Disc. And Nemo brought the shields back online, so there was no escape.

The soldier's weapons were the most effective against the Flood. The bullets ripped through their bodies and blew off limbs. Soon the threat had ceased and things were slowly returning to normality aboard the Disc.

Sparky was fuming. I can help! Stupid Nemo!!! She clenched her hands so hard she broke her skin and blood spurted out, attracting more Flood warriors. No. If he won't let me help, I'll do it myself! Sparky found the source of the Flood and activated her PortaPod.

A soldier went to Nemo, "Sir, we have the threat under control."

"Good, now set course for sector 35R. We must stop the Flood from spreading at all costs." said Nemo, then the Disc went into hyperspace.