The Disc

Guest �strophysicist

Guest �strophysicist

2013: An unknown object has been found in Earth orbit.

2015: All communication attempts have failed. Probe launched for a closer look. Probe mission failure.

2016: Three more attempts. All failed, reason unknown.

2023: Manned mission launched to investigate. There was a message from the unknown object, "Leave this space or Eath will be destroyed." Manned mission failure. All eleven crew members dissappeared (presumed dead.)

2024: UN signed bill to disallow all missions to the object. Any craft attempting to reach the object will be shot out of the sky.

2035: North Korea attempted to launch a probe. Probe destroyed by Russian millitary. UN cuts off all imports to North Korea for three months.

2051: Strange signal from object detected. Reason for signal, unknown.

2054: Signal unencripted. Message as follows, "...er. Now I will tr..." Meaning, unknown.

2067: Object leaves Earth orbit. Reason, unknown.

3406: Object reappears in same location. Several space stations were drstroyed by the object. Estimated dead: 3,782. Reason, unknown (possibly because they were in the spot the object was in 2067.)

3409: Object releases several small crafts to Earth's surface. All landed in remote locations, three taken in by the United States of Earth's government. The three were taken to a USE secret facility. Others were yet to be found. The media has been generously paid to keep the crafts a secret.

Plotline: The year is 3409. You are one of the 4 people to find the remaining undescovered crafts. They are not to big. The are cubic, around four feet tall and six feet wide. They hover and are easy to transport. More developments will be posted has the RP continues.

RP SIGNUP FORM:

Name:

Physical description:

Personality:

Other:

--------

Name: Will Ober

Physical description: Not so much in strength and agility (which is worthless in the 35th century.) Green eyes, brown hair, and he wears glasses.

Personality: Brilliant man and scientist. He will do what he is told only if he was given good instructions. Other than that he will put it off untill someone asks about it.

Other: He is currently enrolled at the University of New China. His GPA is nearly 4 and he is an intern at the local observatory.

Will was walking down the path of the university while on route to his dormitory. Something caught his eye. He walked into the bushes to see a floating cube. He quickly covered it with his coat and held it like he was carrying a big package. Then he continued to his dorm as if he had found nothing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Saria Umi

Physical description: Skinny and tall. Muscular for a girl. She is pretty.

Personality: She is very serious and thinks things through. She does not like too many restrictions, because then she gets Ideas about breaking a rule or changing it. She did that once and made a potion poisonous. Ooops.

Other: She is thought to be an outcast, because she believes in physical strength. She is currently enrolled in the University in the Cherry Blossoms *Near Tokyo*

Saria was jogging around the floral park. WHich wasn't much of a park because it was almost all electricity, but she found a secret secluded place, all cherry blossoms. Saria was jogging around the sidewalk, now crumbling, and decided to rest. She found a chair, also crumbling, and leaned against it. It disappeared and she fell backwards. She looked up and saw a cube. She grabbed it and inspected it.

Guest �strophysicist

Will snuck the box to his dorm, his roommate was visiting relatives so he has the whole thing to himself. He moved it to his small lab.

"The alloy it is comprised of is steel, a primitive alloy used in the 19th, 20th, 21st, and 22nd centuries." he said to his digital recorder. He also wrote down his observations in his notebooks.

"It seams stable, hmm what's this? A strange port." he left the room for a few minutes.

"After doing some searching on the internet I have discovered it is a USB port, an old computer port used in the 21st century."

All of these strange historical finds confused and amazed Will.

• 2 weeks later...

Saria looked at the box. Steel? That's been outdated... She took out her POD, an update to the PDA. She hacked into it. Weak firewall...but information up to the gills! What's up with this box? Is that a recorder?

Guest Тeen_�stronomer

Will found a very very old USB cord that converts to a VBA, the successor to the USB.

"The information is outstanding. Starcharts, pressure recordings, and solar activity history? This thing has been recording Earth for some time." he wrote in his notebook.

He looked at the records, "2067? 2067? This thing is ancient. I need to call someone."

Will went to his Triputer, a strange type of computer with three screens and two keyboards.

Name:Maxine "Sparky" McFarlow

Physical description: Tall. Long, blonde hair and bright blue eyes

Personality: Sparky loves old coins and smelting them into something else. She also likes collecting old computers parts and such. She only wears old blue converse shoes and if she can't find them, makes them. Good with her hands.

Other: She's in 9th grade.

Sparky was walking home from school with new finds. "This will be great for the Apple I'm trying to build!" She had gotten them from her neighbors house. He was 415 years old thanks to the new advancements in medicine. She walked up the steps to her house and noticed a small steel cube floating under a tree. "Sweet! A USB port! I NEED one of those!" She grabbed the cube out of the air and ran inside with the rest of her junk.

Guest Тeen_�stronomer

Will turned around before he made his call. The thing was still floating freely. Some kind of antigravity attachment.

He first ran a search for 2067 and something strage caught his eye.

UFO Dissappears Without a Trace

He continues searching through the thousand year old articles untill he found what he was looking for.

An object called 'The Disc' has been found just outside Earth's orbit.

He skimmed through the article.

Wow, this article tells me where in the sky to find it! I need to get to the observatory.

He went to the other keyboard and typed in a fifteen digit number.

"Hello?"

"Yes, Dr. Masolow?"

"Yes, Will, do you need something? You look scared."

"I need to use the observatory, it is important."

"We are cunducting a study on the galactic black hole right now. Come tonight, around 10:00."

"Ok, thank you sir."

"Why do you need the observatory anyway?"

"You'll find out later."

Will hung up and re-read the article.

Saria had fun hacking. She traced it to find all of it's memory. Cars, gasoline, tress...these are barely around anymore! Let's see where it's from... Saria traced the info to find the blueprint of a strange object. In all my years...19....I've never heard of this thing! A disc like thing...complicated...the numbers look like they say 2067...year 2067! Oh my...I need to speak to a professional..."

Sparky quickly dumped the rest of her junk on the floor and hooked up the cube to the USB port she had on the Apple she had built. "Dude. No way. This thing has stuff from, 2067!?!?!?! This can't be." Sparky ran her tough fingers across the cube. "Steel. Very old. I have NEVER found metal like this before. The oldest steel-based metal I've ever found is from the very first New Millenium computer model. Wait! That's it! Steel-based this is REAL steel! And stainless at that." She downloaded everything onto her Apple and picked up the now empty cube. "I have GOT to get this to the junk shop!"

Guest Тeen_�stronomer

Will quickly made his way to the observatory.

"Dr. Masolow!"

"What is it Will? What is so important?"

"We need to look here!" said will holding up the coordinates he wrote down from the box.

They went into the observatory then moved the telescope to the position.

"Image on screen." said Dr. Masolow.

"Oh, WHAT IS THAT!?!" shouted Will amazed by the black sphere in the view screen.

"What the?"

"It, it has no features. What is that thing?"

Saria ran to the University in the Cherry Blossoms. She ran to the closest professor, her favorite, Dr. Wailee. "Mr. Wailee, I just hacked into this cube's mainframe. It isn't of this earth, even though it has the same materials. It's from 2067! And it seems to be from an aircraft beyond the earths exosphere!"

"What?! We need to get this to the science news room! Maybe another finding just like this has happened!"

"puppyblew!!" Sparky entered a dark shed filled with even more junk then in her room. "Yea? What's happenin'?" asked puppyblew. "puppyblew! I found this cube and it's made from real steel!!!" Sparky practically screamed in his ear. "Sparky! Stop joking!" "NO! I mean it! Here. Take it." puppyblew took the cube and looked it over. "This is impossible. It can't be. It is! No. I have to get this to Cherry Blossum." puppyblew's face looked stricken as he quickly dialed a number on his SmartPhone, a video phone and super computer, on his wrist. "Cherry Blossom?" asked Sparky. "University. I went there. Hello, Dr.Wailee?"

"Puppyblew! I have loads to tell you, but do you recognize this cube?" Dr. Wailee held it up to the phone. "One of my best students found it in the park. She hacked into it and found information all the way back to 2067. She also found blueprints of a spacecraft outside of our earth!"

"My friend Sparky here found one just like it. It's made of pure steel. I have never seen pure steel! What do you think it is?" puppyblew asked. pacing between the scraps of metal that took up 90% of the floor. Sparky took out her Apple, which she had brought with her. "C'mon, show me what I want," a set of coordinants appeared on the screen. "Hey, puppyblew, look at this," Sparky showed puppyblew the screen. "My word," he held up the screen to the phone. "Look what Sparky found."

Guest Тeen_�stronomer

"By Razix, I think I have read of something like this before. It was given the name Disc. Have you anymore information on this?" asked Dr. Masolow.

"You have read on something like this?" replied Will.

"Yes, a rare find in some ruins at Plyceans." answered Dr. Masolow.

"What did it say?"

"Something about cryogenics. There was some extrordinary information dating back to 2005. Most of the systems described in the book has been updated. But still, having that kind of information before it was invented..." Dr. Masolow paused.

"Do you still have the book?"

"No, I donated it to a museum in Tokyo2."

Dr. Wailee studied the ship. "Wait...I know what that ship is....it was called the disc..." Dr. Wailee sat down thinking. "Actually, there is a book in Tokyo2....not that far away. There is a museum that I have ownership over...I can borrow the book and study it. I'll do that right now." Dr. Wailee handed the phone to Saria and left.

Guest Тeen_�stronomer

The image on the screen began to blur with static. Then, looking through the telescope lens, Will saw a large object coming out of the Disc. And it was heading for Earth.

"Now, Sparky, you take this box down the street to Max's office and show it to him. If he asks you any questions, tell him CJ sent you." CJ sat down and looked at Sparky. "Now." Sparky ran out of the shop as fast as she could. "Got....to....get....this....to....Max." Sparky panted. "Logging off." CJ said to the phone when Sparky left.

The object quickly shot out of sight.

"What is this thing? Where did it come from?" Will asked.

"2007." replied Dr. Masolow.

"What?!"

"That book described this thing in perfect detail. One man built it all."

"What?!"

"The book describes a man, who wanted to live forever. He used his technolegy to freeze himself. Then return to rage war on the future of humanity."

"What?!"

"The Disc is his lifeline, but now he has found a way to leave it." exclaimed Dr. Masolow.

"*pant*....Max....CJ....sent....me!" Sparky put her hands on her knees and panted. "Maxine! Well! What a nice surprise!" Max got up as Sparky handed her the box. "I told you! Call me Sparky. Everyone else does." Sparky murmered the last part. "CJ sent you? That is something then. What have you got there?" Max examined the box. "What is this made of?" "Pure steel ore. It's extremely old." "What year?" "Sometime before 2100." "What." "That's right. Before 2100." Sparky sat down in a chair and stared at Max. "No. This can't be. If they started using the Hybrid metal in 2024, this thing is from 2007!" Max sat down in the chair. "2007? How did you get an exact date?" Sparky was puzzled. But how?

There was a bright new star in the sky, though it quickly went out the question remained, what is that thing?

"Dock 132, Dock 132 to unidentified spacecraft. You are hereby ordered to dock in Docking Bay 6, do you understand?" shouted the general who saw where it came from.

The reply was a loud and long sequence of shieks, "Myeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexx naoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxx..."

"Great, it doesn't understand." said the general aloud.

"What do you want us to do general?" asked one of the spacefleet pilots.

"Nothing, let's see where it lands..."

"Don't ask that question just know Maxine. If this thing has a USB port, and I know you have USB cable, then you must have gotten some info off this thing." Max said, gesturing toward the box. "I do, it came from a thing called The Disc. I have no idea what that- Wait! You have more history books than anyone I know! Do you have a book that old?" Sparky asked, intent on what he was going to say next. "I do. As a matter of fact I do! But I gave it to this nice man named Will, last I heard, it ended up in a museum in Tokyo2." Max sighed. "We should get it then." said Sparky.

The craft began to slow down over what was once the United States. The Earth government has done spectral analysis on the craft. It is made out of a heat-resistant alloy. High in one of the most strongest metals in the universe. Humanity has yet to master how to create it. Ununquadium, the strongest known element.

It landed softly in a large brown-grass plain. There was no further activity. The media was first on the scene.

"...craft is enormous. As you can see it is made of a beautiful silver-like metal. Where it is from? We have not determin..."

"...here, why we don..."

"...made it and wh..."

Crowds of reporters began to migrate toward it then the police and government officials arrived.

There was a small click in the object, then a large, mechanical, biped walked out with two large chain guns attached to each arm. It pointed its weapons to the nearest authority figure.

All of the officers pointed their standard plasma projectile rifles at the strange threat.

The mechanical man relized his weapons were no match for the futuristic arsenal.

He pulled back his weapons and knelt with respect. Then a small screen appeared from behind his ship.

It began to show words, "Foregive me for my barbaric introduction. As you will soon come to relize, I could not be sure of Earth's fate in my absence. So I had to be prepare for anything."

A general stepped foreword, "Who are you?"

"I? I am just a man, who couldn't stand to see his world suffer." came the reply on the screen.