Help me get rid of this thing!

Jenny ^_^

My friend started playing neopets the same time that I did and like me, she hadn't touched her account for years. She's not playing now so I asked if I could have some of her stuff and I got a spotted easter negg, worth about 4 million. I've been trying to trade and auction this sucker off for over a week now and I'm not getting anything. I've gone down in price to 3.95mil but don't want to go down much more. Does anyone have advice on selling something this huge? It's certainly the most expensive item I've ever owned.

^_^ Redrum Ynnej)-->

QUOTE (^_^ Redrum Ynnej @ Oct 16 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My friend started playing neopets the same time that I did and like me, she hadn't touched her account for years. She's not playing now so I asked if I could have some of her stuff and I got a spotted easter negg, worth about 4 million. I've been trying to trade and auction this sucker off for over a week now and I'm not getting anything. I've gone down in price to 3.95mil but don't want to go down much more. Does anyone have advice on selling something this huge? It's certainly the most expensive item I've ever owned.

well its only worth what someone will pay for it....i would say you could either hold it until easter time and see if you get any biters....or just keep dropping the price by 10-20k np and see if you have any takers...

I had the same problem with an item worth 200k. I eventually sold it 150k. It was a rare slushie of some sort. You just have to lower it to the point where someone is willing to pay for it. that sadly is supply and demand. Like how swimming suits cost less in winter rather than summer.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with an item I won from King Skarl. Maybe you should advertise on the boards and lower the price a bit more. ;)

If I were you I'd just hoard it in the gallery and keep it in the back of your head so if one day demand for the negg suddenly spikes you'll recognize the opportunity right away.

I guess it comes down to how urgently you need the income... If it's not urgent then just hoard and wait for the right time :D It's always nice to have a UB like that in the gallery anyhow.

My advice would is just keep it in your trades, making sure to put it up for trade again every two weeks. Eventually, some collector will want it- but this should be done only if you do not need/really want the quick np. I did this with a painted petpet, and it was in the trades for about a month before someone offered.