Another Key Quest topic.

Kex

I'm bad at Key Quest. I mean, really bad. I think I've won twice in my entire time playing. Do any of you have any tips on how to get better? :/ I know to use powerups and try to win the mini-games(although I can't for the life of me ever get any points in the petpetpet catcher minigame), but given how often I lose I figure I must be missing something. Do you lovely people have any advice?

Try to pick a good path to follow. I usally try to skip one key and get that with a power up or something but only if theres one that will fit into the path easily if things change.

I would suggest playing with one other person (better chances of getting gold) for 5 key games. Choose the shortest path for 4 keys. Pretty much the last key you are hoping to get a good item, land on the treasure chest, or get randomly moved close by. Save the items that can help you get that last key, like the gummy dice (once you get close to the treasure chest use it so you are sure to land on it and collect that last key). It is a game of luck in the end. If i don't get any good pieces or i am moving one space to the other person moving 5 or 6 spaces there really is little chance of winning. I hope this helped a little.

Thank you for all of the advice, guys. :) I may give it another shot this afternoon; heck, even if I don't win, I still get a silver key(I've been funding Algae's training solely with KQ-won codestones for a while now XD).

If you find someone to play with that's a good move. I pretty much gave up on keyquest because I kept getting my booty handed to me on the random games. I found someone on the boards that played with me until we both got 5k, then took turns winning. This makes it a lot less stressful and you play the games so many times that you start to figure out little tricks in each one. If you write on the message boards you're looking for someone to play to 5k you'll probably get someone within a few minutes :-)

With me when I play with random people they always leave when I'm about to win, so I don't play it that often anymore, but yes what I do is that I start out in the house, in the down left side of the map, that way you can get 2 keys on the same path, silver and green... then I usually get the chest for yellow with luck.

But I can't seem to do the net game I just don't catch any... in the rest besides the flower game I'm ok.