Final Fantasy Fans!!!!

flyingeevee

Doesnt it have like... an overarching story line? (or maybe im thinking kingdom hearts here.. hmm) .. I think I want to play in a row regardless :P

Thanks for the opinions though, it makes me really want to go play!!!!!

Nope, no overarching storyline. All the stories take place on different worlds with different old organizations and peoples. In one of the games, magic dies out completely. Can't continue with that at all.

Nope, no overarching storyline. All the stories take place on different worlds with different old organizations and peoples. In one of the games, magic dies out completely. Can't continue with that at all.

Yeah, unless you consider Dissidia to be o_O. Or FFX and FFx-2

I love Final Fantasy X since it was the first one I played. I also LOVED Yuna and Tidus. Both as separate characters, then as a pairing. :3

Which means that I did like FF X-2 as well. :D

I didn't really like FFX-2, especially the ending. It's like one of those things that was just for the fangirls of FFX. I would have much rather preferred it to be a sad ending, because not everything in life ends well. Kinda adds a touch of realism, if you know what I mean.

Another thing is that they completely changed who Yuna was. I mean, before she was a conservative, shy girl. Now she's a robust, willing-to-break-the-rules kind of person. The whole Tidus and Yuna couple thing was ruined then, cause I don't think realistically Tidus would still like her if she changed so dramatically.

I didn't really like FFX-2, especially the ending. It's like one of those things that was just for the fangirls of FFX. I would have much rather preferred it to be a sad ending, because not everything in life ends well. Kinda adds a touch of realism, if you know what I mean.

Another thing is that they completely changed who Yuna was. I mean, before she was a conservative, shy girl. Now she's a robust, willing-to-break-the-rules kind of person. The whole Tidus and Yuna couple thing was ruined then, cause I don't think realistically Tidus would still like her if she changed so dramatically.

I don't think Tidus was looking for a princess to save so he could slap her around while she's cooking him dinner. She was so absorbed in her fate as a martyr that it was almost nauseating. I think he was hoping she'd break out and change things. If she's going to stop being a martyr, then of course a personality change will follow. I don't think he wouldn't have realized something like that.

I agree with you, though, that FFX's ending was bittersweet and worked well having Tidus disappear instead of Yuna die. I doubt that FFX-2 was necessarily demanded by FFX fangirls, but then again, Advent Children was probably fanservice as well. No one seems to care about that, though, because Advent Children wasn't bad.

This is just them selling it on the PlayStation Network on the PS3. No updates, just using their PS1 emulation software. Eventually they may redo FF7 with prettier graphics and whatnot, because fans want it and they've been rehashing the NES and SNES FFs on the DS, so it's just a matter of time. I would like to see the extras in FF7, like you beat the game and go back in and get to revive Aeris like the programmers originally wanted.

• 3 weeks later...