'Ello

Hello,

I am Serenity and I have been playing Neopets for a very long time (about 8 years!). As far as Neopets goes, well, I'm not a power-player. I'm more causal, mostly there for fun and to meet people. I have my little goals and I don't care how long it takes to achieve them. My main account is kitty_150142, so if you want you can send me a message.

I am currently a college student studying psychology and biology. I am an avid reader and writer. I first read Dante's Inferno in the third grade. I didn't fully understand it, but it did change the way I view religion, morals and life in general. It's been a while since I read so I have to go back and read it again. Currently I am reading everything H. P. Lovecraft.

Welcome to the TDN Forums, Serenity! Ooh, another Lovecraft fan! That's nice to see. Do you also play Lovecraft-inspired games? Also, your forum user name leads me to believe you may also be an Opeth fan. I may be wrong, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thats awesome! I myself love my maraquan chomby! :D

I love the maraquan pets, I might paint another one somewhere down the road... But I really want to get my pirate pets done first! :)

Welcome to the TDN Forums, Serenity! Ooh, another Lovecraft fan! That's nice to see. Do you also play Lovecraft-inspired games? Also, your forum user name leads me to believe you may also be an Opeth fan. I may be wrong, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I noticed your avatar on another board and said 'hey an Elder Sign!' I love Lovecraft, though the only game I have played is Arkham Horror, the board game. Loved it! I want to play the RPG, but have yet to find the rule books. As for Opeth, I've heard of them, but my name comes from a song my friend wrote for me. He's a Buddhist from Tibet and the song is called 'She is the Serene One From the Lotus'. It is sung in Tibetan and is very calm. I plan to get the title as a tattoo when I get my lotus on my foot.

I noticed your avatar on another board and said 'hey an Elder Sign!' I love Lovecraft, though the only game I have played is Arkham Horror, the board game. Loved it! I want to play the RPG, but have yet to find the rule books. As for Opeth, I've heard of them, but my name comes from a song my friend wrote for me. He's a Buddhist from Tibet and the song is called 'She is the Serene One From the Lotus'. It is sung in Tibetan and is very calm. I plan to get the title as a tattoo when I get my lotus on my foot.
Arkham Horror is a great game! One of my friends owns the complete game (all expansions). It's my favourite board game ever, in spite of taking 2-5 hours to play. The RPG is also great. My hubby owns the 5th edition rulebook, which I highly recommend (don't buy the d20 version; it's way too focused on combat). I'm pretty sure you can order the book directly from Chaosium's website or from Amazon (probably cheaper). It's fairly easy to play. I've even written a couple of modules for the game. I haven't tried publishing them yet, though.

The origin of your user name is much more interesting than what I was thinking. I thought it was a combination of two Opeth song titles: Serenity Painted Death and The Lotus Eater. The song your friend wrote sounds pretty cool!

Arkham Horror is a great game! One of my friends owns the complete game (all expansions). It's my favourite board game ever, in spite of taking 2-5 hours to play. The RPG is also great. My hubby owns the 5th edition rulebook, which I highly recommend (don't buy the d20 version; it's way too focused on combat). I'm pretty sure you can order the book directly from Chaosium's website or from Amazon (probably cheaper). It's fairly easy to play. I've even written a couple of modules for the game. I haven't tried publishing them yet, though.

The origin of your user name is much more interesting than what I was thinking. I thought it was a combination of two Opeth song titles: Serenity Painted Death and The Lotus Eater. The song your friend wrote sounds pretty cool!

Thanks. The song was written for me on my 21st birthday.

To the people who asked about Lovecraft. He was a horror scifi writer from 1920's. Most people are familiar with his short stories about the Elder Gods. Also there is a movie called Re-Animator that was based of one of his books.

If you are interested in reading his works I recommend http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/fiction/

It has most, if not all, his stories available to read on line.

This is my personal favorite: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/fiction/texts/iwe.asp

I also love Maraquan pets. I want a Shoyru because they look like turtles. I want a Plushie Ixi and a Faerie Draik as well.