I have a hard to sell item...Need advice!

Blue_Flowers_Forever

So I entered a rare item code and the grundo warehouse and got an item, Behind the Stripes, (a book)

Theres only 3 on the trading post and only one has a price set, 700k. Oh great I have a hard to sell item now!

While trying to sell it some one had said they would pay 200k for it, I haven't gotten any other offers so I'm wondering,

whats do you think this book is really worth? What should I ask for it? Thanks in advance ^_^

I guess it's worth around 700k if someone said that price.

If I had the money on my books account I would've bought it from you to help you out :P Sadly I only got 300np on there right now.

500k seems good, at least you're making a decent profit, and more people are likely to consider it.

If someone else said 700k on the TP, but an offerer says 200k, then try to go in the middle. ;)

Just remember they're probably expecting you to haggle, and even if they don't do haggle with them. Don't let it go for something as low as 200k, but if you just want the neopoints then maybe going for less than 700k would be worth it?

Unless you need points now for some reason, you just have to be a little bit patient. If someone's asking for 700k you could put "700k = Auto."

Let people know that you know it's worth, but your willing to haggle a bit. "Quick Sale. No Junk." does the same thing, but speeds up the pace.

Most books, even the really pricey and rare ones, are not as HTS as they might seem at first...there are a lot of book collectors out there.

To speed it up, I might look on the boards for people buying books and offer a discount. I would probably also go as low as 500k like mentioned before.

Much luck, I don't think it will take long to sell...unlike my two pieces of mystery island furniture that have been rotting in my trades... ;)

I always check the buyer's account. If they are a collector, going for the book award, or trying to stock up their gallery, I usually go easier on them. =) But if they aren't, they probably are looking to buy low and sell high, so 200k would be a little bit too low. I'd go for around 600k if that's the case.