So i've been epically uber bored lately...

-Ryan

So bored I went out, bought a note-book, and plan to write a guide to Neo from a players perspective. I'm writing it because I figure that in two years i'll forget about Neo, and in five years i'll want to rejoin but not remember anything about Neo.

So, why i'm coming to you TDN is I have no idea where to start, obviously i'm bored, I like you TDNers, and some of you guys probably know more about Neo than I do.

Yes, I know it's very lame, but i'm desperate for something to do, and with my first day of Junior High tomorrow i'm kinda nervous, and i've found that writing calms me.

So, tips? And where should I start? I think signing up might be a nice place to begin but i'm not sure.

umm gosh I dunno thats a tough one.. there are alot of guides out there already though right? so you might look to them for inspiration!! :P it depends if you are an avie collector, restocker, gamer.. etc.

I plan on covering all that stuff, but for now I need a base for it. Something to start with, so I went with Neopets history, snd drew a neat little picture of Viacom as they truly are. Heh heh. xD

So any notes or side coments about Neo history? I covered Adam and Donna, and the downfall of Neo, which started when Viacom bought Neo. All that. But not with much detail.

definitly include rules on things like.. side accounts, and adopting/pounding/transfering especially for accounts less than 4 months.

I also have some good information on the lutari talisman that you can use, its on my main pets description..

Also, if you put a fake birthday, do NOT forget to put that down. My side. Gone. *shakes fist*

Don't put a fake birthday. That's my tip. You might want to give yourself hints to passwords though, if you have 5 accounts you should have 5 different passwords, and over time its really easy to forget those ... I wouldnt specifically write the password down though. Theres a general rule that you should never write your password down.

I put a fake b-day on my side like 3 years ago, and now a perfectly aged account with cybunnies, my favorite pet, is just sitting there. My fault, I suppose. D:

^ Yea! I got into a situation awhile back where I forgot the birthday to my lab account. It wasn't too long until they reminded me what my birthday was and I could use the account again. :)

Super Squirrel- If you want to write a guide about neopets you could start at the beggining with Adam and Donna, the old pets and how it was like back then. But..I'm not really sure what you're going for. Is the guide just about the history of neopets or the different ways people play on the site? idk.

Holy squirrel! I go to bed and leave for school, and when I come back and there's all these comments. xD

I'll start writing again after I finish my science homework. It's easy cause I got put in the slow class for Science, weird though seeing as i'm in an honor program and had B's in science last year. o.o

I think signing up might be a nice place to begin but i'm not sure.

I agree that's a good place to start. And within that you can cover some

important high points about pets like, restricted and limited edition pets.

Also it would be important to cover the rules early on, and perhaps disusing

common newbie mistakes, like selling items without researching their value.

Also it would be important to cover the rules early on, and perhaps disusing

common newbie mistakes, like selling items without researching their value.

I think that idea is good, as thats where I slipped up a lot - not realising that the shop wizard doesn't give the same prices every time was also a down fall of mine. Why not try also explaining that although it might be fun to get lots of pets to start with, just start with one and build it up before moving onto others. Also, explain about the dailies and the freebies, espeically stuff like the soup kitchen and tombola where you don't have to pay anything and it really helps to be a newbie.

I know how you feel about the leaving thing. I did that - this is my 2nd time around on neopets! And its confusing because I left back in 2003 (ish) - as you know so much has changed and I'm struggling to get to grips with the idea!

Maybe something about plots would be good? If its for you any plots that you've been involved in would be a nice touch - something to look back on. If its for newbies then just about the plots in general - because when I first got onto neopets I was so confused by all the stuff let over from plots! Even now its like - "who put that there?". I do think the taking over of neopets is also a must - it was a big event for the neopets community.

I think you should put little articles in there like..

-beginners guide to avies

-beginners guide to games

- guide to the message boards

- rules for side accounts ***

-tips on creating a gallery

-tips on restocking

-etc.