Reselling

eekabee

Reselling, not restocking, as in where you patrol the SW and buy under priced item to sell for more in your shop. It is similar to restocking but I can't say I like it but then again I could just price the items higher. So, Thoughts? Feelings?

I think its a fare process.. if you really want to offer deals then post items here and stick them in your trading post, with the requirement they are not used for reselling :)

I used to do that for my main income. It might not be exactly fun all of the time, but there is definately no problem with it.

One of the old favorites was the "mystery of the kougra paw". It used to go for 300-400 neopoints before it was a newbie pack item, and a couple of people would sell them for 1 neopoint every day. There used to be also a few slushies that I would buy for 1 neopoint and sell them for over 5k.

Actually if you ever take economics (or even accounting/finance) you'll learn about the concept... how people who do that type of thing need to exist in order to keep the market prices in check. I can't think of the term off the top of my head.. its gonna bother me, when I think of it I'll post back! :P

.. its a really interesting thing though.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

i remembered the concept i believe it is called arbitrage.. :P someone can google it for me and see if im right, im off to bed, workin in the morning, so i cant really be bothered checking :P

Oh, I see, but the items are usually hard to sell >.<

Agreed. The art of sniping the SW is kind of hard, and unless you're using the super shop wizard, it can get frustrating. I'd stick to keyquest or something like that if you don't have good patience.

I'd love to suggest sniping auctions but it's very hard to do so nowdays.

Im terrible at sniping, only in the pound am i good, but I use my powers for good not evil! :P lol SIDETRACKED ... back on topic... ya Im WAAAAAY to impatient for SW sniping, so has anyone used the supershop wiz? is it really as awesome as it sounds? ( I know there are SOME limitations to it....)

• 3 weeks later...

Ive changed my mind ... I hate it, b/c people take things like codestones and buy up all the cheap ones, and then inflate the prices. Its so frustrating! :(

I just wanna train, and I use 3 codestones a pop. I can't afford 3 eo at 6k -_- grrrr

i dont see the harm in buying some like i just did {a faerie petpet paint brush for 2,500np and just resold it for 500k} -.^ for one reason only. its compleately fair and the odds of getting to it first is unlikely. however i seem to have a knack for it. i think its ok as long as you dont get too carryed away and buy the intire shop wizard XD

• 2 weeks later...