Is this allowed?

joely_x0

I've noticed that a lot of the player owned shops on Neopets use an image with different sections (e.g. Paintbrushes, Food, Clothing etc.), and many of these sections lead to other users shops. I don't know if they really are shops that are owned by other people or if they are side accounts.

If they are side accounts, is this allowed? And is the owner allowed to transfer the profits to their "main account"?

Sorry if this seems a stupid question, I was just wondering because I am interested in doing so and didn't want to risk getting frozen. Thanks :)

No, it is absolutely not allowed to have a shop on one's side account and sell things out of it; NPs/items should only ever be earned on your main (with the slight exceptions of the Neopets newbie pack, anything you get in RE's, and the NP you get from redeeming a Secret Lab Map -- those 3 things are allowed on side accounts because you have no control over them, and what you get from the map is far less than what the pieces cost anyway. Though you should know that the map pieces must be paid for in the first place by your main, unless you're so ridiculously lucky that you find every single piece in an RE on your side. ;))

HOWEVER -- that said, I think what you are referring to was a mall. Malls are created by multiple users who specialize in a specific type of item (typically things for a particular type of Faerie Quest, or petpets, etc.). These users then band together to create the mall and link to each other so you can find the particular item you need more easily. Malls are perfectly within the rules, though they're generally obnoxiously overpriced (as they're most often used by newbies who don't know how to use the Shop Wizard or Quest boards.) It's also generally quite expensive to join a mall, as usually they'll want your shop to be some huge size (like 300 or more? I don't know exactly as I've never looked into it, but making your shop that big takes a LOT of NP.)