My account was just taken over... *sigh*

jemm

So I'm sitting there, just playing pyramids because it's the featured game, when I notice my np account balance JUMP to over $1m, you know, what I have in the bank. Not having any reason to feel I've been hacked (no weird pages clicked on or anything), my first thought is glitch and I run over and put it all back in my bank. Then the balance jumps to $161k, so I try to go to the bank again and guess what, logged out! Try to log in, password is wrong even though I have it saved on here. So I've reported it, and my account is frozen already within minutes. And I just got my bank balance up over $1m recently. Why I never bothered to put a pin in I will never know.

Looks like other accounts have been hacked recently, anyone else experiencing this? I have a feeling they were selling some of my items because in a matter of minutes my account balance was jumping up thousands over what I had even in the bank. I am not happy about this all.

AARRGGGHH :grrr: :grrr: I hat epeople like that!!! The ydid the same thing to me but luckily I got my account back. First of all contact TNT on a side account through THIS and explain to them everything and fill out all the details as best you can.

Then try to contact the Hacker on your account, I'm not sure if this is wise but it worked for me as the person left me 1mil in my account out of my 5mil. Tell them you want your account back and be reasonable and don't act aggressive, if anything act DESPERATE. Also act desperate when contacting TNT, it creates compassion.

All you can do after all that is have patience, wait and hope for the best. Better said than done, trust me. And hopefully, like me, you'll get your account back :)

Oh my goodness. D:

I'm sorry to hear that. :c

I sincerely hope you get your account back, really soon.

All these hackings/scams; I'm scared to even log into my account now. o.o;

I wish you all the best, though, Jemm. :(

Oh my, that's absolutely terrible... Don't hesistate to report to TNT, and please do use a pin when you get your account back.

We can't really stop the hackers from doing what they do, even if its a free game, but we can best maximise our protection again them.@_@

I really do hope you get your account back soon and most of the stuff in it. =/

I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune. Having your account stolen is a terrible thing. You're lucky that you noticed the extra account activity and that TNT froze it quickly. Hopefully, there wasn't too much damage done to your account.

On the bright side, you'll probably have your account back in a week. I know that it's hard to wait; I had my account scammed just before the whole CGer thing started getting out of hand. Luckily, TNT is pretty good about giving accounts back to scammed users, though I had to fill out the form about three times before I got a positive response. I got pretty good at filling out that cursed form.

Anyway, try to stay positive. Maybe make a side account to keep busy until you get your account back. And, if there's anything you need, just ask.

I think one of the worst things is that I wasn't talking to anyone or having any sort of interaction with anyone that would lead me to believe they were the one that did this. Nor did I leave my account open on a shared access computer, let alone even use one. So really I'm not sure how it all happened. Some time last year I lent out an item and never got it back, that was the only other issue I've ever had. And that kid was soon suspended anyway, I highly doubt he'd have anything to do with it.

I did have an extra page open from playing Pyramids that I took a screen shot of, but I don't know if that will do me any good. First thing I did when I was logged out and couldn't get back in was fill out that abuse form. I filled it out to the best of my knowledge, but I haven't been doing all that much lately so there wasn't much to put, though I could identify a few items I had and things like that. Plus I don't really have a side account, but I have one that I created for my daughter to play on, so that was luckily on my friend list to mention.

I'm sort of interested in what all this person was doing to get me suspended so quickly. It all happened, from playing the game, noticing the large account balance, to filing the report and noticing I was suspended, in seriously less than 10 minutes. Years and years of playing and I never had anything like this happen. And that I was on there at the same time, just going through my dailies. This makes me wonder about their security systems, because I did absolutely nothing that would have risked compromising my account. I'll have to read up on recent posts here too so I can catch up on everything that has been going on.

Thanks everyone for all the support though!! I am so glad TDN is here!

When my account got CGed, I also couldn't remember having done anything to get myself in trouble. Maybe I went to a shop with a CGer embedded in it. I still don't know. Luckily, I was able to get my account back.

Filling out the abuse form can be really hard. It asks for so much information that people just don't keep track of. And it's really hard to remember details when you're panicking. Plus, I don't think that some of the staff members actually read the forms; I think they just pass them through a key word matcher. My first response I had gotten from TNT said that the form didn't match my account information, and I think that it was because I had guessed at the names of some of my items and wrote "I don't know" if I couldn't remember something. It helps to have people to help you brainstorm when filling in the form, so if you need to do it again, I'll be happy to help.

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait.

Oh my, that's truly terrible. :( I hope that you get your account back soon, and we'll be here for you the whole way. :D

Got my account back.... 0np in bank, 2 items in inventory that I didn't put there, all my codestones are gone (I had just collected all 10 and had multiples), and there are two random petpets in my shop so I'm guessing those were all sold off too.

Oh fun... look at the sales list....

Date Item Buyer Price

23/07/2009 Secret Laboratory Map degenerate45702 99,999 NP

23/07/2009 Eo Codestone groodiez 6,100 NP

23/07/2009 Har Codestone momoftheangel 2,700 NP

23/07/2009 Negg momoftheangel 1,200 NP

23/07/2009 Bottled Air Faerie mothership474 2,200 NP

23/07/2009 Eo Codestone momoftheangel 6,100 NP

23/07/2009 Eo Codestone momoftheangel 6,100 NP

23/07/2009 Bri Codestone momoftheangel 2,700 NP

23/07/2009 Bri Codestone momoftheangel 2,700 NP

23/07/2009 Bottled Dark Faerie mothership474 2,200 NP

23/07/2009 Bottled Dark Faerie mothership474 2,200 NP

23/07/2009 Bottled Fire Faerie mothership474 2,200 NP

23/07/2009 Bottled Light Faerie mothership474 2,200 NP

23/07/2009 Bottled Water Faerie mothership474 2,200 NP

23/07/2009 Secret Laboratory Map momoftheangel 99,999 NP

23/07/2009 Super Icy Negg momoftheangel 4,800 NP

23/07/2009 Spooky Treasure Map thegreatspag 6,000 NP

23/07/2009 Super Icy Negg momoftheangel 4,800 NP

23/07/2009 Vo Codestone leesamineesa 3,300 NP

23/07/2009 Secret Laboratory Map cypella 33,000 NP

23/07/2009 Orn Codestone arezia82 3,700 NP

23/07/2009 Orn Codestone arezia82 3,700 NP

23/07/2009 Lemon Swirly Negg momoftheangel 4,800 NP

23/07/2009 Two Dubloon Coin monymir 2,600 NP

23/07/2009 Bottled Water Faerie mothership474 2,200 NP

23/07/2009 Secret Laboratory Map cypella 43,000 NP

23/07/2009 Two Dubloon Coin momoftheangel 2,600 NP

23/07/2009 Secret Laboratory Map dancergirl4ever 7,000 NP

23/07/2009 Secret Laboratory Map dancergirl4ever 7,000 NP

23/07/2009 Vo Codestone ututi2612 3,300 NP

23/07/2009 Vo Codestone momoftheangel 3,300 NP

23/07/2009 Vo Codestone momoftheangel 3,300 NP

23/07/2009 Orn Codestone leruew 3,700 NP

23/07/2009 Lu Codestone momoftheangel 3,800 NP

23/07/2009 Tai-Kai Codestone momoftheangel 3,500 NP

23/07/2009 Scrambled Rainbow Negg momoftheangel 14,400 NP

23/07/2009 Ten Dubloon Coin momoftheangel 11,000 NP

23/07/2009 Main Codestone dekster_ 2,800 NP

23/07/2009 Christmas Paint Brush arlan_new 30,000 NP

23/07/2009 Mau Codestone eviboer 2,700 NP

23/07/2009 Speckled Paint Brush phyrexianzisback 36,000 NP

23/07/2009 Scritchy Sketchy Paint Brush phyrexianzisback 62,000 NP

23/07/2009 Cloud Paint Brush usrrs5536 70,000 NP

23/07/2009 Spooky Treasure Map servina2000 5,000 NP

I'm not happy :(

wow... sorry to hear about that :(

a similar thing happened to me a while back

lost 2 Scritchy Sketchy Paint Brush, a camoflage paint brush, 1 mill or so nps and a whole bunch of codestones, map pieces and other good items

I wouldn't worry though, it doesnt take that long to rebuild your account

I hope everything turns out good for you in the end

I'm so sorry to hear that.. *hugs*

I know how you feel. I experienced that before, but that was a long time ago. And it was my fault cause I used my school's computer to play neopets. My secret laboratory maps are all gone, and my faerie kacheek got pounded (or stolen, I don't know). I was still naive and stupid back then, I didn't even do anything about it.

I could get back to my account though, the hacker didn't even bother to change password or anything. I guess he didn't need to. He could do the stealing all within a short period of time. Ouhwells.

When I looked up on my kacheek, she now belongs to someone who lives in Canada. I don't think she was the one though. But her account is inactive for some time already. And I can't help feeling how wasteful it is and how I wish I can get my pet back. But I know there's nothing I can do about it.

Good luck to you yeap..

I noticed that momoftheangel and mothership74 bought a lot of things from your shop. Maybe they're the ones who hacked you.

I think one of the worst things is that I wasn't talking to anyone or having any sort of interaction with anyone that would lead me to believe they were the one that did this. Nor did I leave my account open on a shared access computer, let alone even use one. So really I'm not sure how it all happened. Some time last year I lent out an item and never got it back, that was the only other issue I've ever had. And that kid was soon suspended anyway, I highly doubt he'd have anything to do with it.

I did have an extra page open from playing Pyramids that I took a screen shot of, but I don't know if that will do me any good. First thing I did when I was logged out and couldn't get back in was fill out that abuse form. I filled it out to the best of my knowledge, but I haven't been doing all that much lately so there wasn't much to put, though I could identify a few items I had and things like that. Plus I don't really have a side account, but I have one that I created for my daughter to play on, so that was luckily on my friend list to mention.

I'm sort of interested in what all this person was doing to get me suspended so quickly. It all happened, from playing the game, noticing the large account balance, to filing the report and noticing I was suspended, in seriously less than 10 minutes. Years and years of playing and I never had anything like this happen. And that I was on there at the same time, just going through my dailies. This makes me wonder about their security systems, because I did absolutely nothing that would have risked compromising my account. I'll have to read up on recent posts here too so I can catch up on everything that has been going on.

Thanks everyone for all the support though!! I am so glad TDN is here!

Often times they see the report and then notice that it has been logged in from two separate ip addresses, and therefore gets banned rather quickly. That is really just a guess though :O

I noticed that momoftheangel and mothership74 bought a lot of things from your shop. Maybe they're the ones who hacked you.

Was thinking the same thing as I was looking through it.

Man that stinks..theres been so much hacking and scamming. Tnt need to get onto it...but then I suppose I dont really knows what goes on in their office. Maybe they have a lot on their mind? Lol

It's certainly possible, but actually I doubt this, and here's why: first of all, the prices they paid for the items were on the low side of reasonable -- but they were still well within reasonable price range. If the thief had actually wanted the items, they would either have sold the items for 1NP and just gone on another account simultaneously to buy them, or (much more likely IMO) they would have taken them through the TP to avoid the risk of someone else buying them. Buying the stuff at close to what it's actually worth, then having to get that NP out of the account again, would add an extra step that they'd want to avoid to save time. Second, while I wouldn't necessarily accuse this type of person of having excess intelligence, it strikes me as resoundingly idiotic to steal items and leave an obvious trace of what you did (i.e. the fact that anything sold for over 1k is recorded in your shop's history.) Therefore: my guess would be that whoever got into your account, rather than risk looking suspicious by sending a crapload of relatively valuable items all at once, decided it was more efficient to just sell them quickly and give themselves the pure NP using the Trading Post; the people in your shop log are very likely just innocent users who thought they were getting a good deal.

Anyway, I'm really sorry about your account. :( I had a similar thing happen to me in early March (except it happened while I was sleeping so I didn't even see it happen, just woke up and couldn't get into the account anymore.) Didn't get mine back, so I'm glad you were able to have yours returned. Rebuilding is a huge pain, but it can be done. Good luck to you! :)