How to choose

eekabee

Ok I played neopets years ago and when I came back I didn't know which e-mail address I used to make my account so having no way to retrieve my password or figuring out what I used as my birthday I made a new account and wrote the old one off as a sad loss, but today a few weeks after e-mailing neopets I proved to them the account was indeed mine so I was given the password and birthday but now I have an issue what should I do with the new account I like my new account more but on it I'm treated like a newbie which I don't think I am. Help?

Same thing happened to me. I thought I had no access to my 5yr old account and so I made a new one. I managed to figure out my old password but then my new one has a bunch of avvies, better pets... It turned out that my 5yr account had absolutely nothing on it, not even a shop.

You can switch mains. Go to neopets.com/~akaunts to see how to do that. This means that you can transfer things over to your newly found old account and use it for playing instead, while using your newly made account as a side for storage, extra pets, etc. You are allowed up to 4 side accounts. You will not be able to transfer no-trade items like newbie pack items, neocash items without a gift box, and status items (such as avatars, the level of your shop, trophies, etc.). Personally, I felt that my old account is still better being my main even if I have to get all the avatars all over again, for the same reason you mentioned: people don't treat me like a noob. :D

Wow you got FFQ? I'm so jealous!

I should mention that here on TDNF, nobody is going to judge you by account age. We're not idiots. :P I think your main account should be decided based purely on your preference, not by the prejudices of a bunch of stuck-up morons. But that's just a personal opinion. xD

Congratulations on the quest by the way! :D

I agree, an account thats 10 years old but has a level 1 pet, no trophies/avatars/shop/guild/neohome.. is just as much a newbie as any one day old account. Its how much effort you put in that really determines how good your account is. So if you like your new one now use that as the main with a link to your old one (which can be your side) - then you have age AND you have the account you like best :)

I'd go with the account I prefer, regardless of the account age. Sure there are some people who judge your account by how old it is (which imo is absolutely silly), but most of us do not carry that mentality. =D

Try to redo up your new account (starting fresh with new goals, pets etc), perhaps your old account my serve as a motivation for you to do so =D.

If you have really rare pets, send them over (one each month) and if you are willing to give up the rest, I suggest just go along with your new account. Maybe you'll do a even better job this time round!

I had the same problem... A previous account of mine was about five years old, had a few paintbrushes and such, and was doing well.

Unfortunately I forgot the password and my email address, and decided that I should just make a new one. Eventually while looking through my email I found the Neopets confirmation email and such. However, in the end I decided that I preferred my newly made account.

A fresh start is always a good beginning to me :)