Stocks help!

caliama

In just a matter of minutes, I finally decided to invest in stocks. xD Since I am new to stocks, I need some advice and some explanation of how they work. (Sometimes I can be a little slow in understanding topics, just to warn you lol)

Well I'm going to go ahead and tell you right now, it won't take a matter of minutes for you to earn Neopoints. It usually takes me 1 week - 1 month to make money off of a stock (more for most other people probably).

The Stock Market is basically a waiting game --- you wait until your stock goes up (and this can take a long time!) and then you sell it for more than you bought it for. As a general rule that should always be followed, only buy stocks at 15NP each (the cheapest possible) and buy them in sets of 1000 (the max per day). That way you end up spending 15000 NPs a day on stocks. I usually buy 1000 at 15NP each then sell when the stock is worth 30NP each. That way I sell them for 30000 NP in total, so I have made 15000 NP off of the whole thing. A lot of people wait longer to sell and make bigger profits, but again you DO have to wait longer.

The Stock Market is, as long as you get the 15NP stocks, basically a faster version of bank interest. It can still seem a bit slow, however, and requires a lot of patience. Don't be discouraged if your stock goes down, they do that. They keep going up and down and up and down. Eventually, though, it'll have gone up a decent amount and you'll have made a nice profit.

If I recall, there's a stock market guide on this website too, isn't there?

Well, they pretty much explained everything. I only buy stocks at 15NP a share. And I always buy 1000. And I always buy it daily. Just wanting to show off, but here is how my stock portfolio looks. Although I'm sure other people have a much more lucrative portfolio than I do.

Totals: 349,600 5,244,000 6,361,900 +21.32%

As you can see, if I dump my entire portfolio right now, I would have made more than a 1m profit from doing nothing.

If I recall, there's a stock market guide

on this website too, isn't there?

There sure is a guide stocks. It's right here: TDN Stock Market Guide

There is a guide on TDN for everything under the Neopia sun...

Just one of the many service provided by our incredible Content Team!

I saw that after I posted lol =P

But still, you guys gave me some tips that

the guide didn't talk about, so that's good!

Thanks for all your help! =)

IF you have good stocks of high value, please be patient enough not to sold all of it. It might increase the next day. hehehe. (or worst it may drop but thats the beauty of stockmarket) the best thing that you will do is try to maximize and divide your allowable limit of stocks. what i mean is that, if you buy stocks, count all items with 15NPs and divide your 1000 allowable purchase for the day. In this case you will have many stock items. SOme stocks rocketed to 100% in just few days. Enjoy!

Invest in POWR now, as it's very cheap, and will go up very high in the next couple of months/years

I buy 1000 stocks everday (thats the max) I pick a stock thats at 15np per share, and I wait till the stock reaches 20-21np per share, then I sell. It still takes a while to make a profit, but definitly not as long as the more patient people who wait for the stocks to really shoot up in price! :P