How People Figure things out....

jilliak

Every time I put in "What do you do if fierce peophins has eaten too much tin of olives" I wonder who figured this out, and how? Was it an accident... if so they are luckier than me because I've put it in about 30 times with no result. It just seems like it would have been impossible to figure out!

I've always wondered about that one too! :P Some of the avatars are pretty straightforward (like most of the clickable ones and so forth), but that one's ridiculous. o_O The sheer number of possible combinations of phrases you could use to make up a "joke" is mind-boggling; I haven't done the math on it, although now I'm almost tempted to just to see what the odds of getting that specific one actually are. It's true that there were an awful lot of people trying; but still, even if you eventually hit on that combination using a methodical process of elimination, you'd still *also* have to get him to laugh so you'd know it had worked. Getting him to laugh by itself can take weeks or months; if you add to that the fact that to figure it out by sheer process of elimination you'd have to get Skarl to laugh at *every single possible combination* until you got the one that worked, even with lots of people trying, the "process of elimination" strategy alone could take YEARS. :S Unless TNT gave a clue at some point about what the joke was, it just seems all but impossible. If there wasn't a clue from TNT, then the only things I can think of are that maybe people got together in a huge group to try and retry combos (similar to what people are doing with Bonju) and just got REALLY lucky, or maybe there's a coding clue somewhere. But yeah, insane. I guess if all of them were easy to figure out then avatars wouldn't be as much fun, but I kinda wish TNT'd finally drop a hint about Bonju eventually. :P

Actually,this one is completely random.So much so that you can refresh your first result for your second try.

At times the first one didn't do nothing for me and the the 2nd one gave me some food or some nps..and that convinced me it's random.

Actually,this one is completely random.So much so that you can refresh your first result for your second try.

At times the first one didn't do nothing for me and the the 2nd one gave me some food or some nps..and that convinced me it's random.

The result of the joke is random, yes (that is, Skarl can either do nothing, get angry, give a small prize, or give a bigger prize; and which one he does has nothing to do with what you put in as the joke). I think she meant it was amazing that someone had figured out how to get that avatar (Blumaroo Jester) considering how complex the solution to it is. ;) Think of it this way: avatars like the Snowager one or the Geraptiku one can be awfully hard to get -- they depend upon getting a specific, relatively rare result out of all the possible outcomes of the daily, and which outcome you get on a particular attempt occurs completely at random; furthermore, even if you get the correct result (getting blasted or winning the main prize, respectively), it's still random whether or not you get the av. There's nothing you can actually "do" to get the av aside from play the daily and cross your fingers. The Blumaroo Jester av is similar, but with an extra twist -- not only do you have to get the rare result of Skarl laughing (which occurs randomly and regardless of what your joke says); but, rather than simply being awarded randomly when you get Skarl to laugh, to receive the av Skarl must laugh at the *specific* joke "What do you do if fierce Peophins has eaten too much tin of olives?" In other words, the only reason we know how to get the av is that at some point, *someone* managed to hit the exact correct combination of phrases in their joke AND got him to laugh with it to figure it out. The odds of that happening are pretty astronomical if you consider both: that there are several sections with a large number of choices to put together the joke with, and that Skarl actually laughing is a rare and random occurrence in the first place and is not in any way influenced by what the joke is. That avatar has been around a long time and I have no idea if TNT gave a hint about its solution; if not I have absolutely no idea how it was solved, since even with a lot of people attacking it methodically it must've taken a decent amount of luck and time to finally get it.

Hmm......actually, that's really really smart. Thank you. My brain cells now have a LITTLE more room to move around in. xD

Actually that joke is not random at all, someone probably took it from here and found out about the avatar!

http://www.neopets.com/tcg/displayCard.pht...did=2&id=33

The flavor text of the Blumaroo Court Jester says the joke needed for the court jester avatar (figures) :)

That's what I was going to say. :P Otherwise I'd be just as stumped as you about how they figure these things out.

Actually that joke is not random at all, someone probably took it from here and found out about the avatar!

The flavor text of the Blumaroo Court Jester says the joke needed for the court jester avatar (figures) :)

Aha! I didn't know there was a TCG card. Well, that explains that. :D It certainly makes far more sense that TNT would at least base it off of *something* in existence rather than making people pull it out of thin air during random trial and error. :P

Wow! Nice find! Thanks for that insight... now everything is making more sense. It just seemed too improbable!

It's random, you could put any answer.

This one came from a TCG, but many Neopets tips can be found through the Wheel of Knowledge. Though it gives game tips (and how to run your kingdom tips... o.O) things like Coltzan's shrine, Fruit Machine, etc., are also considered games so it is possible to get tips for these through the Wheel.