Help with the Lab Ray

Umm.. are you allowed to transfer Neopets with your neofriends...zap them and return them back to the owner? (As in, zap them for your neofriend?)

Nope, sorry. :( Zapping a friend's pet for them is absolutely not allowed, likely because it ended in tears too many times (someone zapping a friend's pet got something they really liked and refused to return the pet, people were pooling NP/map pieces for one shared lab map and the holder ran off with said NP/items, etc.) It is fine, however, to adopt a random pet from the pound, zap until it becomes a popular species/color, and then either repound it or give it to someone who wants it -- actually, that's pretty common for people who have the lab to do once they are done zapping their own pets (I plan to do it myself once I get an Ice Hissi on my labbing side.) BUT -- the pet HAS to either be a completely random one from the pound or one you created yourself; adopting "a random pet" that just happened to belong to your friend until 5 seconds ago and zapping until you return it is just trying to exploit a loophole and is still breaking the rules (not that I think you would do that of course, but I've seen more than one person ask about that particular scenario on the Neoboards. ;))