Can someone just help me understand?

caitlin

Okay so I had been off of Neopets for a while, and just signed up for the cup on June 29th, so I'm not quite sure how the whole thing works. I mean, I understand how to play all the games (though I'm terrible at Yooyu ball) but I don't understand how the scores for each team are calculated. Like...you don't play against other teams when you're playing the games, so how does that work?

Also, I'm really mad because I stayed up until 3AM my time (midnight NST) playing games to get to level one (I mentioned I just signed up a few days ago), and it turns out I still have two more days! Ah, well. I got the avatar :)

Anyways, my original question: how are the team scores calculated for the standings?

Nobody knows how to calculate team standings. TNT has their own formula to figure the standings. The Daily Neopets also has some method, and their predicted standings were 100% accurate, but they do not reveal how they calculate it, either.

I suspect that the reason they don't want people to know is that people will obsess over calculating standings instead of just playing the games to help their team win. :)