Suggestion to close older boards

Clara Chong Lee

Quoted from the main page: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?act=idx

If you need help with something related to TDN, or have a suggestion for us, please tell us here!

And again I quote this from Here:

Please remember that this is for THEDAILYNEOPETS QUESTIONS ONLY[/b],

o_O

ANYWAY...

I would like to suggest deleting/closing the topic when the last person has posted 14 days ago, or setting the boards to close on their own when the last person posted more than 14 days ago (if this feature exists) That way there will be no more need to set the rule that "one cannot post on a topic after the last person posted more than 2 weeks ago".

Anyway, just a penny of my thoughts before I go from a hiatus from all boards as well to tend to my exams.

It isn't that great an idea. Some newbies register after the topic-closeoff period,yet still have something useful to say. It's just people who open whole Topic-sections with spam who kill everything..

I know we don't exactly encourage posting on topics older than 14 days, but we would've done that before, wouldn't we?

Reason is that we try, where possible, to keep multiple threads open to stop people going off topic. So if someone has something useful to add to it, they don't post on an active topic or create another thread just to bypass that rule, they can just follow on from where they left off... if that makes sense.

We did do a mass closing of boards about a month or two ago with the real old topics, and a mass deletion of those topics and a few more a little more recently. I'm guessing any threads younger than a month or so were kept. (Ta, Anime. ;))

So no, we can't do that, I'm afraid. You might want to just stick by the rules? Thanks. Heh.