AC top 5 for AC 4 and 5

Am I right?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• Yes
    • No

I was looking through the standings for previous Altador cups. I discovered this pattern that runner ups from last years cup win the next year and 5th place swaps with third and other interesting things.

AC 4 standings

1. Krawk Island

2. Shenkuu

3. Meridell (I know, I was shocked to.)

4. Lost Desert

5. Haunted Woods

6. Kiko lake or Virtupets

7. Roo Island

8. Darigan

9. Kreludor

10. Mystery Island

11. Tyrannia

12. Maraqua

13. Altador

14. Kiko lake or Virtupets

15. Faerieland

16. Terror mountain

While there is a pattern, there is not enough statistic to draw such a detailed conclusion. If the pattern were to repeat itself this year, Meridell would end up third, which is something I highly doubt. At least one of Kreludor and Mystery Island will probably end up in the top five (probably both of them), and though I am a supporter I doubt that Shenkuu will finish second.

There is a pattern, yes, but the only pattern I know of is the 2nd place one year 1st place next year.

So, sure, maybe you could work out the top 2... but Meridell? Haunted Woods? o_O

It sounds like you just threw a couple of teams into random.org and then put them in the first one and then did the 2nd first year 1st next year pattern, except with different numbers next to them.

So, no, I don't think that those patterns are correct, and while I have full faith in Merridell, my bet is for them to finish 6th this year and then we'll see what happens next year.

/end weird critic voice

Guest Krawk Islander

Meridell will be seen in Group 4 if they continue this amazing streak of sweeps.

I doubt that there is a true pattern. I think it's more of people believing that there is some sort of pattern and they just end up making it come true for themselves. For example, if everyone had thought that KI, placing second last year, will win first this year and they all banded up together to play as much as they can, then eventually KI will end up meeting the expectations. So same thing with RI, there's a supposed 'curse' and now they are loosing their matches--could it be that because of the 'curse' it drove away some supporters?

Sorry about that shpill, but that's what I think is happening.

It's a good thought, but keep in mind that there is not enough information and too many variables. This is only the fourth Altador Cup, so you can't really say there is a pattern. Also, TNT has said that they never know who is going to win, so the while the odds say one thing, it could really be anyone.

Interesting idea though. :D

Guest Krawk Islander

Kreludor is first because of Haunted Moon - the legendary alliance between KR and HW. They have tons of supporters on both teams. And power of will.

Even if your guesses were right where is kreludor? They are the top team right now. I bet they will be in the top 4 at least.

I know Kreuludor are Currently doing good. But remember Darigan Last year? They started really well but ended up 7th! Besides, they've only played easy teams. LEts see how they doo agaisnt Roo Island, Darigan, Krawk Island etc.?

And according to the pattern kreludor finish 9th.

Haha woohoo for Krawk Island.

The thing is, I'm afraid we're going to get a lot of freeloaders jumping on near the end, with all of this talk about us being the team that'll win.

Then again, it may just be my paranoia. I hope we win!

I don't think Meridell will do that well though. I'd expect LD to be up there in the top three, and DC is probably going to do better than 8th this year, since they seem to be getting back on their feet.