Kreludor shock on top!

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

Some shocking results here at the Altador Colosseum, after yesterday's intense matches. I'm here at Altador, with BJ, who's our field reporter, willing to explain just how shocking the results really were. BJ, back to you.

kreludor_group.gif

"Thank you HBK, but it's AA on this end of the line. Unfortunately BJ's a bit out of it after a stray snow (or I should say, ice) Yooyu gave him a nasty concussion. The medics say he'll be all right, but he might take a while to recover, so for now you're stuck with me. With the fans this close, I can't say which team's scorer managed to shoot a Yooyu right off the field during a game, but suffice to say neither their team nor the referee is very happy with them. Anyway, on to today's results.

Well, today's matches have most certainly been on the quiet side after what happened yesterday, but that hasn't stopped the fans, supporters, and teams from putting a major effort into the games. And that effort is most certainly reflected in what can only be called surprising - well no, stunning results off the field today.

First up on our watchlist, the Darigan Citadel and Krawk Island drew in both Yooyuball and Slushie Slinger, with one of the two remaining games taken by each side. Considering Krawk Island's seemingly unstoppable performance earlier this year, it can only be concluded that the pirates really were a bit too drunk after yesterday's match against the Roos, while the Darigans piled on the pressure and managed to exploit this to draw even. Of course, the Krawks are taking this as something of a wakeup call, and will be sure to bring their full prowess to bear on team Maraqua on the 6th.

Another outcome that caught most analysts by surprise was that of the match between last year's champion's, the Roos, and the Lost Desert. It seems that the Roo Islanders' morale took a severe pummelling after yesterday's sweep - so severe, in fact, that the mummies were able to follow it up with yet another clean sweep! When asked about his team's lacklustre performance this year, Lilo Blumario simply said:

I'm not going to mince my words here - our opponents are literally wiping the floor with our faces. We need to get our game together, and get it together fast, and I'm confident that's what we can and will do.

Mystery Island has ploughed through the mummies, faeries, and team Altador in unexpectedly good form this year, but the Haunted Woods seems to have put a stop to that honeymoon, with three draws and a win garnering the natives their first defeat of the season. But as one Mystery Island fan put it:

My coconut armour has more cracks in it than a volcano after that tough match against them. It was a match that left all of us hungry for more.

The other matches of the day went largely as expected however, with Kreludor, the mermaids, and the chillers gaining easy victories over Virtupets, Altador, and Faerieland respectively. Meridell and Shenkuu had a little more trouble with their opponents, but in the end the Kiko Lakers and Tyrannians lost out.

And that's all for today's report. I'd better get going before the whistle goes off for the next match - Yooyu impacts are nasty! This is AA, reporting for The Daily Neopets, signing off."

Thanks for the report. The past few days have yielded some very surprising results, which place Kreludor reassuringly at the top of the table. We look forward to more unforeseen results these coming days, because it's quite exciting, don't you think?

P.S. And I hope BJ gets well soon!

BJ's reportedly well on his way to recovery - he might have trouble standing for a few more hours though. :yes:

Congratulations to Darigan Citadel and the Lost Desert! Those were some truly remarkable matches.

*Sigh* We did our best I suppose, today isn't going to be any easier. Hopefully MI will be a little bit more dispirited from their draw yesterday and we can pull a couple of wins.... at least next weeks line up seems to have a few easier opponents, although our debut match-up with KI is coming on the 8th. Just having a look at who has the worst line-up next week, it's most likely going to be faerieland, they have to play LD, RI, HW, DC, MD and KI next week!

Two main match-ups have me excited today... Shenkuu and RI who both seem to have underperformed so far :( , and HW vs LD should be a fairly closely fought battle as well.

It would appear you have no faith in your predictions for KL today :( That saddens me really!

And as for your predictions around Faerieland and Altador, I'm sure FL has what it takes to do more damage to Altador than you think.

Rant and rave and rant and rave, :D (Sorry about that) , I was wondering if you will have a point system to show the leaderboard?? like 1 point for a yooyuball win, .5 for a draw, .5 for ss, .25 for the other two games... I want to see a clear ladder of the leaders :P

Of course, the Krawks are taking this as something of a wakeup call, and will be sure to bring their full prowess to bear on team Maraqua on the 6th.

You don't seem too positive about our own team's prospects either, AA. :P

*Sigh* We did our best I suppose, today isn't going to be any easier.

You Kiko Lakers did well - Meridell may not quite be spectacular, but it's far from a pushover. ;)

Two main match-ups have me excited today... Shenkuu and RI who both seem to have underperformed so far :( , and HW vs LD should be a fairly closely fought battle as well.

Indeed, but LD still holds a slight advantage IMHO, as long as they don't slack too much. And Shenkuu actually started on a really good note - they've only dropped their game recently, and they'll probably pick it up again after two not-so-clean wins.

It would appear you have no faith in your predictions for KL today :( That saddens me really!

We have plenty of faith in our predictions for KL vs. MQ, but as an MQ supporter, I'll be doing my best to upset those. :P

Edit: This answer goes for Harbinger as well.

And as for your predictions around Faerieland and Altador, I'm sure FL has what it takes to do more damage to Altador than you think.

Well, FL has gone down under four clean sweeps in a row, although Altador hasn't done too well either. There's not that much clear data on an outcome. We'll see how they do. :yes:

Rant and rave and rant and rave, :D (Sorry about that) , I was wondering if you will have a point system to show the leaderboard?? like 1 point for a yooyuball win, .5 for a draw, .5 for ss, .25 for the other two games... I want to see a clear ladder of the leaders :P

No worries, intelligent conversation (and insanity (: ) are the foundations of TDNF. ;) And we do actually have a leaderboard system, we're just working on programming it into our site.

Considering Krawk Island's seemingly unstoppable performance earlier this year, it can only be concluded that the pirates really were a bit too drunk after yesterday's match against the Roos, while the Darigans piled on the pressure and managed to exploit this to draw even.

I almost died laughing at that! :woot: Thanks for the report, I love how it is put in such an...interesting way xD.

Cool! I believe we did great aganest KI for them being so high up in the standings! Next week, I'd say is going to be tough for us, with a break in the middle. We play Mystery Island tomorrow, Tyrannia on Monday, we battle the Roo's on Tuesday, take a break with Faerieland and Virtupets on Wednsday and Thursday, then end off with Maraqua on Friday and Shenkuu on Saturday. What a week!

its no supprise we won make some noise, i played round.... 400 games of it yesterday. if id probably spread it out a bit we might have continued the sweep but thinking in perspective by statistical adverage we were bound to either tie or lose at some point, im just glad it was a tie the other day instead of a loss, it might have more inpact then a loss does in the sense that our teams both came face to face with a loss but didnt actually lose, which means in my oppinion both our teams will more then likely rally to pummel there opponents today. course ill need my daily constant stream of caffine in order to be of any use to my team alfter 400 games of msn.................. arrrr typeing hurts.

Good Game Krawk Island. ^_^

Although I doubt the drunk theory. Darigans are just awesome like that! b)

*Brings BJ a bed* Get well. ;O

I guess I was being a bit slack yesterday. But I can empathise with that anonymous MI fan. D:

Bring on the matches! These ones sure were all over the place!

I can't really be upset much about our results yesterday. I didn't really play much. Today though is another story. I will make up for not being here most of the day today. Also I really want my gold shield so i am trying to stay on track for that. After yesterday i need to catch up a little.

im manageing a fairly good run today on all the games, alfter yesterday i want to spread it out a bit. im going to go for another 200 in make some noise tonight, im a little annoyed though at how little make some noise actually gets you for playing it.

My head still hurts... *falls down and goes back into coma*

Uh... medic! What exactly did you treat this guy with? Wait... Vaeolus Cream? He's allergic to Vaeolus Cream! :O

(Hope you're doing okay BJ :) )

Aw. Poor BJ.

Kreludor on top didn't really surprise me, though, I've always believed that KD could spark some light after the 07 absence.

I don't think drinking had anything to do with it. KI was tired and DC had a secret plan. DC was full force and KI was lacking, thus producing a tie. I was hoping for a win but i'll settle for a tie against KI anyday.