Revenge of The Fallen

antiaircraft

Well, the referee's blown his whistle, the dust is beginning to settle, and the crowd has dropped silent for possibly the first time in three days: we've had a real hot match to watch today. A rematch, if you like, between last year's finalists. Well, the results are in, so I'll cut the preamble and hand this over to our on-site man - over to you BJ!

krawkisland_group.gif

"Thanks AA,

I’m live here at the Krawk Pirate Ship where food and rum overflow like crazy!! Why? Because the Krawk Island Pirates completely swept the Roo Island Roos! Seriously, I never thought I would see Pirates with tears in their eyes due to happiness. Many consider this as revenge for last year and a sign that this will be the year of the Pirates! The Roos however are in shock. They can’t believe the result after many of them have played so hard in all the games. Could this be a sign the “Cursed Cup” is already taking effect?

For today’s games, the Lost Desert Mummies will try to finalize the destruction of the Roos while the Darigans are hoping that the Pirates are drunk and exhausted enough for them to get an easy win.

Reporting drunk at the Krawk Pirate Ship, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets' AC4 coverage, signing-out. *hic*"

acs_krawkisland_bottle.gifRight on as always BJ, thank you! Well, moving on to the match-ups for the 5th, it looks like we have a pretty quiet day ahead of us, at least compared to the one that's just ended. The fans will probably be eyeing up the matches between the Roos and the Mummies, and Mystery Island versus the Haunted Woods might be another one to watch. At any rate, we'll all be playing like mad, so good luck!

I have seen so many angry people on the Neopets Boards... :P They are upset about KI beating RI.. But congratulations KI!

And also well done DC! You guys did great in our match up! I hope KL can do a lot better today :)

What surprised me was Shenkuu, they should be well outperforming their opponents, but they seemed to struggle slightly today, They definitely don't seem to be living up to expectations right now!

I guess Shenkuu is suffering from a bit of a slack-off effect caused by coming up against a supposedly easy opponent (something more commonly seen in the Lost Desert's playing style, no offence intended :P ). Either that, or VP was playing extra hard today. :yes:

Yeah for DC! Congrats to Krawk Island for there big win over the Roos. Let's hope that they're just over confident today and we get a few wins out of there!

Shh, don't let the Roos hear that! :P

I guess Shenkuu is suffering from a bit of a slack-off effect caused by coming up against a supposedly easy opponent (something more commonly seen in the Lost Desert's playing style, no offence intended :P ). Either that, or VP was playing extra hard today. :yes:

LOL. Extremely, extremely true. I'm working on it though ^_^

What surprised me was Shenkuu, they should be well outperforming their opponents, but they seemed to struggle slightly today, They definitely don't seem to be living up to expectations right now!
Part of it was the whole style-switching thing we have going on, part of it was slacking off against an 'easy' team, but part of it was that a couple of Virtupets threads were telling supporters to focus on the side games in hopes of pulling a Tyrannia - clearly, they managed that, times 2!

by a statistical average -.^ technically the mini games are faster to play and also still count, i know they compensated for that by making youyu ball worth more points. admittedly i am a bit surprised we beat the roo's lol XD i even played youyu ball with this TOUCHPAD! XD it was crazy! as for the easy team comment theres no such thing when everyone is a pc player.

I have seen so many angry people on the Neopets Boards... :P They are upset about KI beating RI.. But congratulations KI!....

If there is a real reason I dread the cup each year it is this one. The cup seems to bring out the worst in certain people on the boards, which can be hazardous enough at the best of times. Why people have to get so wound over a game that is intended to give everybody a chance to have fun escapes me. And yes, a lot of Darigans get involved in slinging other than slushes and it disgusts me. Lighten up and enjoy the game everyone! ;-9

Oh wow, a sweep? I'm a bit shocked, though very happy! Ecstatic actually, haha. Despite the glitches and all. I'm excited about the results for today because it's a Friday, meaning a lot more people playing. This could mean either good or bad depending on who and if they actually play.

And I agree, I don't see the point in being so angry like that. If they have the time to complain then obviously they should have the time to play and contribute to the team points. But, it's all human nature. Times like that, I just avoid the Neopets Boards.

honestly i went to my other comp that has a mouse just to play youyo ball and im starting to kick some real cake :P ^.^ ha ha i made you think i was going to say something else. but ki has had a sweep so far? yea i know im on there team but i havent seen where the stats for the games played are at xD can i get directions there lol XD

----edit-----

i found the place where the stats are and im shocked to see the results so far -.^ the only thing we seem to be loseing at as a team right now is slushie slinger.... perhaps i should play more of that tonight XD

If there is a real reason I dread the cup each year it is this one. The cup seems to bring out the worst in certain people on the boards, which can be hazardous enough at the best of times. Why people have to get so wound over a game that is intended to give everybody a chance to have fun escapes me. And yes, a lot of Darigans get involved in slinging other than slushes and it disgusts me. Lighten up and enjoy the game everyone! ;-9
And I agree, I don't see the point in being so angry like that. If they have the time to complain then obviously they should have the time to play and contribute to the team points. But, it's all human nature. Times like that, I just avoid the Neopets Boards.

You two look like you'd be people sporting enough to be interested in the Altador Cup Peace Treaty (if you haven't checked it out already). ;)