Neopian Stock Market!

CasiCane.

Alrigghhhttt. I need to know if this is a good idea xP I'm considering investing all my np into a stock ( 1.1 million ) Coz like, I put 1,605 into one and now its worth 1,800 so I figure I can make a bit of a profit. But I don't really understand the stock market, so I wanna know if this is a really stupid idea, or if it's worth a shot. Thank youuuu.

That's playing with luck. I would recommend buying stocks at 15-19 NP range. 15 NP is the lowest you can buy. If you invest in something that is higher than 20 NP and it goes down, you lose profit, and the stock market is all about luck. It fluctuates a lot. So if your stock is low, then buy it low. If it's high, it's your choice whether you want to sell the stocks, or buy more. If you buy more, you're likely at a risk of losing some NP.

It's also a good idea to buy a variety of stocks because having more than one gives you a better chance of gaining more profit :]

Investing in the stock market is always a good idea. But you just need to keep in mind that you can only buy 1000 stocks a day and that it might take a while to see some profit. Personally I have been buying stock a lot lately and every single one has dropped in price :angry: So maybe don't put all of your neopoints in to stocks if you were thinking you would get a quick sale off of them. But good luck with whatever you decide!

There are already some helpful tips and tricks to the stock market in this topic: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showtopic=13510

Wait, nevermind. But that topic does have some useful info in it, so click it and see.

Well basically, what you do with the stock market is buy low, and sell high. And here's a key fact: the stocks will never go bankrupt, or at least they haven't in a very very long time. Why do you care? Well, that means, no matter what you invest in, you'll eventually make a profit. The Stock Market is a game of patience, and you can't expect to make fast profits. And it's one of risk too. If you have something with a 200% rise, and you sell it, it could rise to 300%, and you missed all of that profit. But on the other hand, if you have something with a 200% rise, and wait, it could fall down to 50% before you know it, and you'll lose a lot.

I'd recommend buying in the 15-17 range, and selling once it hits around 45.

Oh, and you'll want to be sure to buy 1000 of a stock, that way, your Neopoints are fluctuating by a reasonable amount. I mean, if you only buy one stock at 15, and it rises to 100, then you only get 85 NPs, whereas you could have made 85,000 from it if you invest 1000 stocks in that one company.

Another thing, there isn't really a "right" stock to buy. It's pretty much random, so just pick one that's low, and hope it goes up!

Investing in the stock market is always a good thing because you can view it as simply another way to earn NP. The same goes for RSing and malling...these are all just sources of income.

I have never risked day trading in the stock market because of how risky it is. You can do it if you can live with the possible major loss it may yield. Otherwise I would stick with only buying 1 K of stocks daily in the 15-17 NP range and selling at a specific sell point like 30, 45, 60, 80, or 100+.

Keep in mind though that the "risk" associated with the stock market is nearly nonexistent, because as long as you don't forget about it, you'll make a profit eventually.

The only risk is how much money you're gonna make, which in real life terms, would be a very nice thing to invest in :D

Yeah, this is very true. Most stocks jump back up eventually as long as they don't go bankrupt, which luckily doesn't happen often enough to be a problem. I usually forget to check stocks so I just keep an 80+ sellpoint and let my port accumulate ^_^

I actually have just started getting into stock market, but i see it this way. If you invest all of your money there is no way you can lose it. It's been a while since a stock has gone bankrupt, and all stocks will eventually go up because the stocks are regulated by a computer software.