World War III

Guest Астр&#10

Guest Астр&#10

I was only fourteen when it happened. North Korea had long since been an enemy of the world. They continued to deny the UN and China has done all it could to stop them. News of what North Korea had done came in the form of a presidential address.

"My fellow Americans. At 11:35 pm Eastern Standard Time yesterday, North Korea launched three Taepodong-2 long range missiles at the United States. One failed and fell into the Pacific but the other two made it over the Pacific and struck Los Angles and San Francisco. Approximately two thousand and twenty-three American citizens lost their lives. North Korea also launched five Nodong-2 short range missiles at Japan. All five struck. Approximately four thousand six hundred and ninety-one Japanese citizens lost their lives.

"Even after this ordeal North Korea continues to threaten the world. They have confirmed they have developed nuclear weapons that can reach New York City. Japan is now starting a UN approved nuclear weapons program. China wishes to stay out of the brawl until North Korea threatens them. I am now ordering all troops out of the Middle East to prepare for the new Korean conflict.

"As president of the United States of America I hereby declare war on North Korea. Japan has also declared war against North Korea. The world must stop North Korea before it has a chance to strike again. I..."

My older brother changed the channel before I found out what the president was going to say next. But I found out when he got a letter in the mail the next day. He got drafted.

Four years later I signed up for the army to find my brother. He was captured two years ago and North Korea doesn't execute captured soldiers, they believe it is barbaric. Amazing to think they have a sense of morality. By this time the Korean Peninsula came under North Korean power and now North Korea is calling themselves Korea. Korea is beginning to spread to Japan and parts of China.

"Are you okay Private?" yelled Sargent Hawkins. A stray shell exploded near me.

"Yes, sir!" I replied barely being able to open my mouth with my heavy HUD helmet on. The HUD helmet is a very useful tool to have in battle, it gives a soldier up-to-date information on minefields, weapon emplacements and enemy advances. It also links up to certain weapons and displays the ammo count in the current clip, a useful new feature for a soldier of 2011.

"Okay, move up the right flank. I am sending Private Banks and Private Bowman behind you." ordered Sargent Hawkins. His figure was steady. His armor and equipment made him look bigger than he really was. He was shot in the left arm but he showed no pain, exactly what a true leader does. But we need to leave the area before he loses to much blood.

"Yes, sir." I replied nearly crawling over the trench.

I took off crouched and terrified. Then I tripped, a sniper bullet pierced the ground where I was going to be. I quickly got up and ran for cover. Private Banks and Private Bowman beat me to cover.

"There's a sniper, sir." shouted Private Bowman into the headset in his helmet.

((To be continued...))

Wow...I knew North Korea was evil...but not New York City! I love New York City!

Guest Астр&#10

I sortof ran out of good names for the characters so I took something I saw on Call of Duty 2: Big Red One.

As for New York, I picked a major US city that was nearly on the other side of the world from North Korea. New York was perfect.