So...

eddie

So, i REALLY REALLY want to get to know people better. I want them to know me as well :).

OK, so things about me?

My name is Eddie, and my account is themm03 on Neopets. I am an OK text and graphics designer, and I'm VERY friendly. Also, I fence, which is a sport involving blades. There are 3 types of blades, and I practice with the blade called Saber, which is what Star Wars is based on. ANYWAYS, I also practice the viola, something similar to the violin, but much bigger, deeper, and louder.

Hiya. :D I'm Mimi.. I am 22 years old, will be 23 on the 28th of this month. I have a 5 year old son named Mason. I like graphic design as well on a professional level. I played the violin for years but I had originally wanted to play viola.. I'm glad I took violin instead though now.

I LIKE PANDAS, like obsessively. Also the color pink. I am very opinionated and hate being censored. Sometimes people take it the wrong way.

Eee!

Hello Eddie,

My name is Kai and I played the violin yor almost 5 years, now I play the electric guitar, I know hot to write and speak in 4 different languages nad I love music.

I'm a MTG (magic the gathering) player and love to play RPGs.

Nice to meet you and remember to stick to the rules.

c ya arroud.

Kai

Heya Eddie,

I'm Lion. I'm 1 years old, going on 2 next year. I am a very clever toddler, and plays RPG's (video game and text), and plays a bit of neopets. I love graphic design, and have been doing it for 1 year.

I play a lot of instruments, such as the violin, but out of all of them, guitar is my favourite. Oh, and did I tell you I come from Australia?

Till next time!

Hey, I'm Omnalu (on pretty much every site I'm a member). I'm 19, be 20 in 6 months. I'm married to a US Marine, and we have two cats we treat as our children. Our 'son' just had his 3rd birthday last Sunday (Easter) so they got a little bit of ice cream to celebrate.

I mess around with graphic making, but it's nothing spectacular or even that good. Just something to amuse myself. I'm slight;y neurotic, and I love to laugh. Anyways, that's me in a nutshell.

hi eddie,

i love pretty much everything about computers like graphics making. oh! and the internet xD gotta luvv the internet! although it can give you viruses.. but lets stick to the positive :)

i play tennis and soccer, too.

Woah, such fast replies! I was gone for a couple days due to fencing, but I still went on Neopets.

Neopets is the only game I play, as I don't have time for anything else.

---

WOW! Lion, you play guitar at age 1? :P

Hi Omnalu, Kai, and Mimi! dazngurl, what's your name again?

Hello again, Eddie. I'm Jikuu, and I used to fence when I was younger. How much experience do you have? I liked Saber best, but I would disagree that it's closely related to Star Wars. The two-handed grip and twirling about is nothing like what sport fencing's about. Then again, no one in their right mind would twirl about like they did. Hope you have fun here with us weird people!

Hello again, Eddie. I'm Jikuu, and I used to fence when I was younger. How much experience do you have? I liked Saber best, but I would disagree that it's closely related to Star Wars. The two-handed grip and twirling about is nothing like what sport fencing's about. Then again, no one in their right mind would twirl about like they did. Hope you have fun here with us weird people!

Hello Jikuu!

Ergh, I don't want to say I'm great. I'm only 12, but I get to fence with Tim Morehouse and James Williams, the Olympians that brought home silver medals, so I rapidly improve. I need to work on footwork, and I do saber by the way. I go to Summer Nationals, North American Cups, and Regional Youth Circuits and Super Youth Circuits. I'm getting close to getting my D ranking. I have national points in both Y12 and Y14. :)

Hmm. Tim Morehouse runs the Ten Thousand Fencers awareness campaign (nice for him, by the way), and James Williams apparently is still located in Sacramento, so I'm guessing you've gotten to practice with them as guest fencers at your club? I was 14-17 when I fenced, and my coach was way too eager to get us into competition. The more experienced fellows around the area said that Olympic fencers groomed for competition would spend 6 months on only advance and retreat before ever picking up a blade. I think I started trying to compete after only 9 months, and I only practiced the basics for 4 weeks. That experience pretty much soured me on the whole thing. I took up aikido after that. What a difference.

Hmm. Tim Morehouse runs the Ten Thousand Fencers awareness campaign (nice for him, by the way), and James Williams apparently is still located in Sacramento, so I'm guessing you've gotten to practice with them as guest fencers at your club? I was 14-17 when I fenced, and my coach was way too eager to get us into competition. The more experienced fellows around the area said that Olympic fencers groomed for competition would spend 6 months on only advance and retreat before ever picking up a blade. I think I started trying to compete after only 9 months, and I only practiced the basics for 4 weeks. That experience pretty much soured me on the whole thing. I took up aikido after that. What a difference.

That's wrong...

Are you sure you're not talking about Jason Rogers? Jason Rogers is a guest fencer, but Tim Morehouse, Keeth Smart (before he retired), and James Williams are from Manhattan Fencing Club.

Don't listen to the people that say they just spend time on advances and retreats. Sure, you improve on advances and retreats, but you can only get so good by it that you don't get any better. All of the olympians practice with the blades and on footwork with dummies.