Help with Kelp!

Masaryk

I've been trying to get the "Bon Appetit" avatar for quite some time now. I know it's a random avatar, but I'm wondering if there is some trick to it. I know that you have to order from Kelp!, and take home leftovers, and that the avatar is still random. But, even when my pet is bloated or very bloated, whether I order one item or four items, I never get leftovers, even if I go there half a dozen times in a row.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it better to try a bunch of times ordering one item each time, or should I be ordering a full meal every time I try? What has worked for other people?

I suggest you take a look at the avatarlog guide for Kelp.

I've tried some of the tips, and spend several NP on it. I did usually 3 or 4 complete meals in a row. Finally I got it on my first try on a lucky day.

Yeah, you said it, it's random *sigh*

Thanks for that. I'd not really bothered with checking other avatar guides. I guess I'll fill my pet up and pull a couple hundred thousand neopoints out of the bank, and I'll give it a try with full meals.

I have horrendously poor luck at this sort of thing, so I don't expect it will work the first time, but it's worth a try anyway.

Edit: After eating five full meals, I got to take home leftovers, and I got the avatar! Yay!