Crocheting and Knitting?

Mimii

Well I for one love to crochet, although I am still learning a lot. :) I just finished this throw I was making for my grandma for the last month and I am super excited about it! Here is where you can see it, on my Ravelry account:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/tehmiminat...nys-little-baby

Anyone else like to knit or crochet? Anyone have a Ravelry account? Add me if you do!

I also knit and crochet, though I like knitting better than crochet. It's good to see that there are some other crafty people here.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see your afghan pictures. I would need to sign up for a Ravelry account first (I hate having to sign up for things to view stuff). I had never heard of Ravelry before. I'll have to check it out better later. Right now, I'm too tired to think.

Good luck with all of your crocheting adventures!

I was given a "make your own scarf" knitting set for christmas and I just couldn't get the hang of it, it had very bad instructions (even my grandma who's been knitting for years and years said so) so now I use the knitting needles as back scratchers/poking devices and they work very well :P

Ooh! Very nice! And this is one of your first projects!?! Awesome job! You're a natural!

I was given a "make your own scarf" knitting set for christmas and I just couldn't get the hang of it, it had very bad instructions (even my grandma who's been knitting for years and years said so) so now I use the knitting needles as back scratchers/poking devices and they work very well :P

First of all in response to your post: LOL! Second, I had that kit as well!! IT WAS HORRIBLE!

Also masaryk, thanks so much! :D

That's a really nice throw! I'm very impressed; I certainly wouldn't be able to make something like that. How long did it take you?

Back when I was 9 or 10, my mom taught me how to knit and I made a few scarves (which I actually still have and wear on occasion), and a couple of years ago I bought a scarf knitting kit and ended up learning how to pearl too. But I get bored of things pretty quickly and the scarf that was part of the kit never ended up getting longer than about six inches. I think it's still on the floor of my room. :P

A good friend of mine, though, is really into knitting. I have no idea how many kinds of stitches she must know, but the things she makes are really impressive! She's made me a couple of scarves, and even a toy for my dog.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think my mom taught me how to crochet on a two-day car trip we took two summers ago. I don't remember any of it now, though, just that it involved twisting the crochet needle thing around... I think. :D

^^ Yeah, I've been cross-stitching off-and-on since I learned how to in 7th grade Home Ec. I'm still not exactly good at sticking with it, but I do have one project that I go back to when I'm in the mood to work on it. It is easier for me take on something like that, where it starts looking good right away, rather than a knitting project that involves doing the same thing over and over again. Even if a scarf or an afghan is more practical than a gigantic cross-stitch of a Shetland Sheepdog. ;)

LOL@ gigantic x-stitch of shetland sheepdog...

I haven't actually done any x-stitching like that before... I tend to do lots of fairy's, I've also done some alchemy dragon's which are adorable - here are some of the pics of what I've done

post-9523-1238476462_thumb.jpg

don't mind the coffee stains on this one, my cat thought it would be funny to tip over my mug with his tail... yet to wash it before hanging!!

and this one I'm still working on:

post-9523-1238476624_thumb.jpg

I really love to make felt toys. Problem is I get attached so I could never sell them :P.

My Nan taught me to knit, I can't begin or finish it up so she always did that for me. I made lots of blankets for my toys lol! No clothing or anything. Just little blankets.

LOL@ gigantic x-stitch of shetland sheepdog...

I haven't actually done any x-stitching like that before... I tend to do lots of fairy's, I've also done some alchemy dragon's which are adorable - here are some of the pics of what I've done

post-9523-1238476462_thumb.jpg

don't mind the coffee stains on this one, my cat thought it would be funny to tip over my mug with his tail... yet to wash it before hanging!!

and this one I'm still working on:

post-9523-1238476624_thumb.jpg

Wow, those look really good! That's generally the size of the projects I start but never finish. Though I'm actually feeling a bit inspired to cross-stitch right now, maybe I'll break out the Sheltie... if I can even find it. :P How long does it take you to make something like that?

hehehe i find that if I have a design I like (ie the fairy's or the dragons) then i get them done a lot quicker and like to keep at them.

Anything else just bores me :)

The dragon took me about 2 weeks, he was easy because it was a lot of block colours and not much fiddly bits. The fairy one I did before my current one took me a year to do just because she was very fiddly, it was 2 stitches in one colour then change colours. I had 80 different coloured threads for her. If I can find her I'll attach a picture, she's beautiful but so much work!!!

I found a cool pattern on Ravelry earlier for these ADORABLE crocheted SHOES! You can see it on her site, she wants 8 friggin dollars for her pattern, though!! I commented and said the price was too steep and I would be glad to purchase it if it dropped a few dollars. Sheesh!

Anyway, here is where she has it on her site. Everyone can see this, no accounts needed:

http://www.sylverdesigns.com/pattern/shoes...pmaryjanes.html

I found a cool pattern on Ravelry earlier for these ADORABLE crocheted SHOES! You can see it on her site, she wants 8 friggin dollars for her pattern, though!! I commented and said the price was too steep and I would be glad to purchase it if it dropped a few dollars. Sheesh!

Anyway, here is where she has it on her site. Everyone can see this, no accounts needed:

http://www.sylverdesigns.com/pattern/shoes...pmaryjanes.html

THat is totally cool! I wish I was better at crocheting then I might be tempted to buy the pattern and try. $8 doesn't seem bad to be, its a self pattern and you'll pay quite a bit for patterns and such in books at craft stores.

THat is totally cool! I wish I was better at crocheting then I might be tempted to buy the pattern and try. $8 doesn't seem bad to be, its a self pattern and you'll pay quite a bit for patterns and such in books at craft stores.

Well if I paid $8 for a pattern book I'd have an entire BOOK of patterns, not just one. I think it's ridiculously expensive, I don't have a lot of money. Unemployment sucks.