Story In Paper

Awesome_Paul

Okay, Just been reading the Daily Mirror (UK Paper) and i saw a page with this quote from a US soldier Quoute"

WAR ON TERROR: FIVE YEARS ON

50,000 civialians dead...

3,092 UK and US forces

killed.. 25,000 more

Talisban heading to

Afganistan.. 2,625

bombs in one month in

Iraq.. £445bn spent

And you call

this winning,

Mr President?

Then around the 2 page story it has pictures of:

MAYHEM: Another Car Bomb in Baghdad

NO WIN: F-16s bomb Taliban villages

VICTIMS: Bombed-out orphanage in Kabul

AND

STILL OUT THERE: Bin Laden Poses for TV

with this Quote and the 4 pictures, what are you view on this, is the soldier correct by thinking its not winning, or do you think we are winning

EDIT: The 2 pages of writing is on the internet

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=a...-name_page.html

Yeah so what do you think after reading all this,the Main Question, ARE WE WINNING???

The government is winning because that's what a war is about an I doubt they care about how many people die. I guess that for them, the more people die, they better they think they will make things. The only ones who lose are the innocents who die and their families.

very good point,

but i think that if this continues, i think most the soldiers might just leave and head back to the US or UK, most of them don't think they're winning, liek they have spent £445 billion, the goverment could have used that for other good security rerasons or to stop glabal warming not place that much into a war.

and with the figure there are 27 civilians dying average per day (or maybe more some days less on others) and with the article, i would like to quote some sections:

-But half a decade and £445billion later, when tens of thousands have been killed, and tens of millions more have been directly affected, where are we now?

-More importantly for American voters, there has been no major al-Qaeda terror attack on US soil since 9/11.

-YET even the most fanatical Bush supporter can't help noticing the war on terror is not now going entirely to plan.

-Outside of America, al-Qaeda or its supporters have launched 30 major attacks since 9/11. The few positive victories against militants have been overshadowed by a series of extraordinary mistakes, poor leadership and utter incompetence.

-The reason for this is a series of colossal failings by the Bush administration and its Western allies. The main screw-ups include a pathetic unwillingness to provide funds for reconstruction and development for Afghanistan after the Taliban were kicked out.

-Now the Taliban have started refining heroin themselves, and are using the earnings to buy BIGGER, BETTER weapons.

and there are loads more, but the army are leaving some areas insecure which meaning the taliban are flooding in. and we all thought the past 5 years are bad, i think the worst is yet to come, because now they have bigger better weapons and now may have the advantage, the US army have been out there for 5 yeras, and if all are thinking like this, then teh talisban could easily plan a surprise attack and regain more land

yea well governments don't really think and I doubt they will pull out troops from there. They will wait until almost all of them have died or until one of the countries bombs the U.S. to stop it. You know North Korea is going to test nuclear missiles and I hope this doesn't end in another atomic bomb attack. It's like they really have to get a slap on the face to realize how dumb this whole thing is.

Ugh,I hate coding and using Add Reply,but just for this post...

I don't think they're winning(I'm Kiwi) and ....

Here is a true news-headline thing off Sky.If you don't get it at first,consider Bush as the subject.

Here's another headline

PS,the website is not rude,it is safe.It's just different...and Swedish..

Guest D Generation X

I tell you, Bush has gone over the limit. Remember that discussion between me and WEVIL about the war? He got all presumed saying it's for the worlds best...well seems I was right.

Very True, Bush has gone over the limit but i think he is thinking, i live in America, lets make this safe and leave all the other countries to be terrorized, Outside of America, al-Qaeda or its supporters have launched 30 major attacks since 9/11.

What Bush has to do, is think not just of America but the Rest of the areas where al-Qaeda is attacking and help those countries, but also make sure America isn't left insecure to terrorism. they have to develop their security and make sure this doesn't happen,

The war has another couple of years to it because everyday there are more and more supporters being lined up.

Also Slightly going away off Bush, but i found best 5 Minutes of a terrorism warning from Afganistan, watch the first 5 minutes of this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/flash/flvplayer...tatSection=blog

Guys, George Bush is the first president that actually has the guts to do something.

Bill Clinton didn't care. We might not be in this position if it was for Bill Clinton. He didn't have the guts to blow up Al-Queda.

Bush is doing as best of a job as he can. He tried to establish a government for the Iraqi's and he is doing a great job.

Some presidents had no clue or guts. As far as I'm concerned, Bush is better than any president we could've picked. Al Gore? Couldn't have helped. John Kerry? Would stop the war and let us get bombed.

Guest D Generation X

LMAO, that is so hilarious!

That chicken there reminded me of El Pollo Diablo, :D. (No offence, it's just funny, lol)

chickenbinladen.jpg

Guest D Generation X
The problem with Bush is that he didn't plan the whole thing....he just did it as fast as he could so that he could use 9/11 as an excuse to attack.

That's what my last topic and now closed topic, 9/11 Theories, wanted to prove.