Bored And Hungry At 4:30 In The Morning...Any Fellow Insomniacs?

cahgirl87

I finally tore mysef away from Neopets (I swear Neopets is the most addicting thing EVER!) Anyways, I'm just really bored and wanted to see if anyone else was up. Oh yeah, and *randomness* someone said something about pickles earlier which made me really want some fried pickles...yum! But alas, I have no pickles :( Oh well.

It's 4:30 AM where I am too. Not quite sure why I'm not in bed yet. I'll probably find myself downstairs rummaging through the fridge if I don't make myself go to bed soon... I think we've got a can of frosting in there. Pretzels dipped in frosting are so good. And I've never even heard of fried pickles before. :P But talking about food is making me pretty hungry. I'm not sure whether or not it's worth it to go all the way downstairs for some food though. :D

A sign of human life :woot: woohoo! haha

oh my gosh, I want to raid your fridge...sounds like you have some yummy stuff to choose from. I need to go grocery shopping, so we don't have much of anything at the moment. It's quite amusing, I pryed myself away from Neopets, only to end up on a Neopets related Forum, haha. There isn't even anything good on Tv at the moment...although some of the infomercials are quite comical. I swear, I will never get on a 'normal' sleep pattern. I normally stay up until 8 or 9 in the morning and then sleep until around 3 or 4 pm, yikes! Maybe I'll be forced to get into a better routine once I find a job.

Oh, and fried pickles are really good. Before I tried them for the first time I thought it sounded disgusting, so someone dared me to eat one and I have been addicted ever since...Especially when you have good ranch dressing to dip them in :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I haven't checked to see what's on TV, but I'm sure there's nothing worth watching. My sleep schedule's awful right now too. I woke up yesterday at midnight, went back to bed sometime around seven in the morning, woke back up at four in the afternoon, napped from six to eight, and now I'm up at five in the morning. And I actually have class tomorrow, which is... bad. Neopets is quite addicting, though Plushie Tycoon is pretty hard to play when I never know when I'll be awake. You should be allowed to change your work hours.

Also, this is completely random, but you know those ads that appear when you scroll over underlined words? Any idea why you get an ad for "Local Post Offices" when you scroll over the word "Neopets"? :laughingsmiley:

Oh, and I'll have to try fried pickles sometime. Is that even something you can buy at the grocery store?

Yeah, nothing much is on tv at this hour. I'm just naturally a night owl, but it has gotten ridiculous lately. I've been sick so I feel like all I've been doing is sleeping and eating. Wow, you have school tomorrow? That stinks...if I were you I'd probably fall asleep during class and get yelled at lol. I actually haven't tried my hand at Plushie Tycoon...I mean, I started to get a game going a couple of days ago, but then realized it was pretty useless to do so since it is 'judged' from month to month. I'm going to try again when April rolls around. I don't know how good I'll be at it though, I was trying to figure everything out and I think I got a bit confused. I haven't looked at any guides though, so I'll probably look some up before I start again. I definately agree, you should be able to choose/change your work hours....it's kind of not fair to those that have school or work.

I have no idea why the ad showed "local Post Offices" when you scrolled over "Neopets", although that is quite amusing...I swear, sometimes the ads are completely unrelated...they don't have an ad for anything pertaining to a post and therefore just throw somthing random out there.

I know you can probably make fried pickles at home yourself...don't think a grocery store would have them since you have to fry them and then eat them while they're still hot to be good. I've never actually made them myself, I've always gotten them at restaurants...but after having this craving I think I'm going to try making them for myself and see how that turns out. I'll have to look up a recipe (I'm sure they can't be that hard to make) and buy the ingredients when I go shopping next time.

I'm sick too, so I've actually got homebound tutoring instead of regular school right now, and thankfully my first class tomorrow isn't until one in the afternoon. This is my first month playing Plushie Tycoon as well, but I started about halfway through the month, which gave me enough time to make some money. You can set your time zone in the game, but after that you can't change it. So I guess that wouldn't really be a problem for normal people, but for people like us, with awful sleep schedules... :P The game is actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. These three petpages really helped me learn how to play.

Yeah, this time when I scrolled over "Neopets", it was an ad for a weight loss plan. I usually make a point to look at those ads, though, just because it's so amusing to me how arbitrary they are.

As weird as it sounds, I'm actually starting to crave fried pickles, despite the fact that I have no idea what they taste like. :laughingsmiley: I'm assuming you use dill pickles? Or is it those other kind of pickles that I can't remember the name of but that you put on hamburgers (what are those called?!)?

Sorry you've been sick too, hope you are feeling better :) Homebound tutoring sounds pretty good and not having class until 1 sounds really good. How long have you had the homebound tutoring thing going on? I always wanted to be homeschooled because my ADD tends to get the better of me and I used to get bored in class. Most subjects came pretty easily to me so I would end up doing the work while the teacher was teaching it...That got me in trouble a few times, though I'm sure it was more frustrating for me than for the teacher, I mean, if a student understands the material, why hold them back? Sorry, little bit of a rant there, haha :D

Thanks for the pet pages, I'll definately check them out to help me over the next couple of days, that way when I start playing again I will be well prepared. Ah yes, for people like us that hve no idea when we will be sleeping, that does present a bit of a problem :yes:

Yeah, some of the ads are amusing....such randomness :) I seriously got addicted to watching infomercials since my sleep pattern has been so messed up. It's funny how they can make such a simple task seem like it is the hardest thing in the world. 'Can't cut a tomato without making a mess?' *squashes tomato to a pulp* 'just try our easy, no mess dicing wizard! For only an arm and a leg all this can be yours...and if you call right now, we will even throw in oven mitt that turns in to a chopping board' lol, ok so my examples about their exaggerations was a bit....ummm, exaggerated haha...but seriously, some of them are just plain fun/funny to watch.

Haha, fried pickles are incredibly good....I can't even describe how good they are :) Yes, definately use dill pickles to make them. ummmm, not really sure what kind of pickles you put on your hamburgers, I always put dill pickles on mine. Usually fried pickles are made with the dill pickle chips (the ones you use for hamburgers, although someone I used to work for once fried a whole pickle slice...The ones that are cut lengthwise that usually go on the side of sandwiches, not on the actual sandwhich, that you eat alone. The only other kind of pickles I know of are the sweet baby pickles...think they are called sweet gerkins or something like that. I like those too but don't think they'd be too good fried.

Oh yeah, and by the way, thanks for keeping me entertained :) It's always nice meeting and talking to new people on here. Would you mind if I added you as a neofriend?

I just looked up your s/n on neopets and it's funny because my story is along the same lines as yours. I started playing about 7 or 8 years ago and was all-around addicted to Neopets, then my account was hacked and I got pretty bummed out. I had worked so hard to accomplish all that I had that after I realized I wasn't going to get my account back, I just completely quit. I just recently returned to Neopets (3 months ago)...actually I'm not even sure how I stumbled across it again, but I did...and now am completely addicted AGAIN.

The Soup is my all time fav. tv show and finding Nemo is one of my fav. movies....Ok everyone, just because I'm 22 doesn't mean I can't still like Disney movies....Dori taught me how to spell ~escape~ *says in best Dori voice* haha, ok, not really...but I still love that movie :) My life goal is to travel and see as much of the world as possible and I'm obsessed with taking pictures/video because I want to preserve all the little moments so one day I will be able to look back at my life through pictures or video. Oh, and trust me, don't think you are too old to play Neopets, because if you are too old, then I am wayyy too old. I'm 22 and still playing :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post here; after I crashed at 6 AM a few days ago my sleep schedule got even more missed up. Plus I ended up missing my class that day, so then I got behind and had to make up the class over the weekend, which is why I haven't been on here since then. I'm really sorry if I seemed rude!

I've had homebound tutoring since November of 2007 and it's not bad - I really like being able to stay in my pajamas for class (I'm so lazy :D) and not having to wake up at 5:30 in the morning (though that wouldn't even really be possible for me right now because I've been sleeping 15-18 hours a night since I got sick, so if I was in regular school I'd have to go to bed before school even let out in order to be awake for the next day!). Plus I only have 12 1/2 hours of school a week - 2 1/2 hours for each class. But having 2 1/2 hours of class in a row, one-on-one with a teacher, every day, can get a bit intense, especially when I'm feeling really bad. And yeah, I've had the same experience with getting in trouble for getting ahead in class. But when a class is easy for you, it just gets really boring. Like last year, I was taking Algebra 2 honors, but when I got sick they were unable to find me a homebound tutor and I had to drop the class. So I'm taking it again this year, except I'm not in honors (they wouldn't let me take honors since I started out the year in homebound, unlike last year). So now I'm in an easier version of a class I've already taken half of and that was easy the first time around. I'm bored out of my mind because it's so easy, plus I'm annoyed that I'm going to have to take a math class during summer school once I'm better just so I can be on the right math track again. Sorry, that turned into a rant too. :D

They really should have a modified Plushie Tycoon for people who are sick/on a bad sleeping schedule so that they get a fair chance. My Plushie Tycoon time is set at 6 PM to 1 AM my time, and some days I'm awake during those hours and some days I'm just not.

I'd definitely be more annoyed by ads if they weren't so amusing to me. I just scrolled over the word "recipe" and I got an ad that said "get bipolar disorder symptoms, treatments, and facts". Google Adsense ads can be pretty good too. I've seen everything from "Make Money Online - this is to [sic] easy it should be band [sic]" to "Hey You Debt Man-Woman! Make money online!". And occasionally I'll be on a website where a pop-up window (why is it that there seem to be so many that get around my pop-up blocker?) will open and I'll get one of those annoying messages that make you confirm you want to leave before it actually lets you close the window. The other day one of those opened and the message that appeared when I tried to close the window was "Wait, don't go! Put your message here!". :laughingsmiley: Ads are pathetic. Infomercials can be pretty entertaining too. A month or two ago I saw this funny parody of those ridiculous snuggy blankets. I don't remember exactly how it went, but it was something along the lines of, "Tired of using regular blankets? Do you struggle when trying to figure out how to put them on? Are everyday tasks like answering the phone now impossibly difficult?" Your tomato dicer infomercial exaggeration made me laugh. :laughingsmiley: Sadly that's exactly how most of those informercials are. I have to wonder how many people are actually stupid enough to pay ridiculous amounts of money for completely pointless objects.

Ah, I'm confused by all the pickles! In my mind there are only two types: the ones that are cut lengthwise and that go on the sides of hamburgers, which I call dill pickles, and the circular ones that go on hamburgers, which I'm not even sure I have a name for. :D I think we might still have a jar of dill pickles from when I was craving them a couple months ago, so if I can find them I'll have to look up a recipe and fry some.

It's nice to meet you too. :) I've added you as a neofriend, and again, sorry if I came off as rude for taking so long to post here! I'm sorry about your first account getting hacked! Back when I first played Neopets, I was pretty young, so I wasn't focused on avatar-collecting or anything like that. I was more upset about the loss of my pets. I actually cried when I found out my first Neopet had been pounded and replaced with a Neopet called "Dungypoopoohead". It all seems incredibly stupid now, but, like I said, I was pretty young. Though I'm about 95% sure my account was stolen by my real-life best friend at the time who was also a big Neopets player. I haven't seen her in about 5 years, but I'd actually really like to ask her about it if I can figure out how to contact her. I don't care about revenge or anything like that, I'm just really curious. I always suspected it was either her or this one friend she had... How long had you had your account before it got hacked? Oh, and your name's Kate too? Cool! :P

I absolutely love The Soup too. It's been my favorite show since I first discovered it two years ago (though I do occasionally find myself struggling to decide if 24 might be more amazing than The Soup sometimes... They're both such awesome shows; it's too hard to choose a favorite!). Joel McHale is amazing, end of story. I'm not a huge fan of Disney movies (I do still like the classic ones that I watched as a little kid, but all this High School Musical crap they're coming out with nowadays is kind of depressing to me), but I do love Finding Nemo. It came out when I was 9 years old and I liked it so much that I ended up going to see it twice on its opening weekend. And now, six years later, it's still one of my favorite movies. Plus it's just one of those movies that's really comforting to me. It always cheers me up when I'm upset or sick... I think I watched it about 10 times when I was recovering from surgery last summer. :laughingsmiley: And actually, Finding Nemo did save me from bombing a French quiz a few weeks ago. We had to translate sentences related to car vocabulary, and I couldn't remember the word for "to follow" for the life of me. Then suddenly I remembered the scene from Nemo where Jacques tells Nemo, "suivez-moi". Being obsessed with a Disney movie actually came in handy. I also love travelling, but unfortunately haven't gotten to travel as much as I'd like to. I've never even left the country, unless you count this one time when I went to Canada for about an hour to eat dinner. :( But I'm hoping I'll be able to start travelling more once I'm better. All I'll need is some money... :P

Yeah, I've actually been surprised how many people I've seen on Neopets who are (or at least say they are) my age or older. In fact, I think most of the members of this forum are older than me! I guess I just feel too old for Neopets because I was so young when I first started playing it. But at least now I'm able to enjoy things I didn't know/care about when I was eight, like Plushie Tycoon and the Stock Market.

Wow this post ended up being long... heh, sorry about that!

Oh my gosh, too much text on these posts here! Wall of text alert!

All I wanted to say was that I usually don't go to bed until around 5-6AM and sleep until 4-5PM. I am on Neopets usually from the time I get up until I go to bed, with maybe an hour or two in there that I am doing something else. :S