I'm confused...

Um, I hae a question... I bought a Crisp Blue Tunic, and last night I was finally able to try it. So, I rushed to the battledome, and tried it against a random 1-player opponent (with over 100hp). And when I used it, nothing happened. I tried again. Once again, nothing. Huh? Can someone help me? Am I doing something wrong?

Oh, and my pet's stats are:

Health: 100

Intelligence:798 (or so, I don't really remember)

Is that not a defense item?

It sounds like it, but then again, I'm totally uneducated in items for the battledome :)

Have you checked the battledome section of TDN for any info?

The bit from TDN's BP is below:

It will always block 4 icons, but a pet with over 750 intelligence, it can drain HP from your opponent. An order for you to drain life with this weapon, you have to have at least 100 HP under your max HP and your opponent has at least 100 HP.

I don't really know. I'm an experienced battledomer. Unfortunately, right now all of my pets don't have the stats to use it so I can't try it out.

I have bolded the part above that may be your problem. Only guessing, though.

you have to have at least 100 HP under your max HP and your opponent has at least 100 HP.

This means your HP has to be 50/150, 100/200, 150/250, as long as you're missing at least 100 HP and your opponent has at least 100, you can drain them. In the Battledome you can't have more than your max HP (at least not in my experience). Out of the Battledome you can though, it happens with Healing Springs and the wheels occasionally. All I can say is train your pet till you have at least 150 HP. Good luck!

An order for you to drain life with this weapon, you have to have at least 100 HP under your max HP and your opponent has at least 100 HP.
This means your HP has to be 50/150, 100/200, 150/250, as long as you're missing at least 100 HP and your opponent has at least 100, you can drain them.

The information above are correct! *gives seal of approval*

It doesn't mean that you should start off with less HP, it only means that you have to wait during your battle until your HP is down by 100 until you can use it. Train your HP higher.