Earth Hour

antiaircraft

A city without lights looks weird to you? And you're a member of TDNF? (:

I have a bit of an odd liking for darkness, so I actually find the images from Earth Hours 2007 and 08 pretty cool. :P

Heheh, have you seen it? One night of the year without lights looks very weird to me...

and after reading this topic more I might do it now. but only if I feel like it.

Habbo, a virtual community I am a member at, posted this:

"WWF’s Earth Hour 2009 is aimed at motivating every individual, business and community to switch their lights off for one hour at 8.30pm (your local time) on Saturday March 28th 2009. Computers, TVs and radios can remain on. "

As a special event in Habbo, on Saturday March 28th at 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT, we will be closing the Hotel for ONE hour in support of Earth Hour 2009. Thats right for ONE hour the Hotel will be closed!"

The whole Internet (well, most servers like Neopets) should go down at this hour to show people Earth Hour. Google also darkens their main page to increase awareness.

I will indeed be participating this year.

o_O You have some stingy parents...

I think it was more a matter of them being surprised to come home to a pitch-black house and then getting annoyed when I told them it had to stay that way for the next half hour. They told me it would make no difference in helping the earth, I told them it was about making a point, etc., etc... My parents aren't really the type to get behind that kind of thing. So then I decided to be immature and tell them they were setting a bad example for me, and then proceeded to sit in my room in the dark until Earth Hour was over. Which I'm sure didn't help things at all with my parents, but whatever. :P

And, dragonkitty, I'm sure they wouldn't expect people to completely turn off the power to their house - no need to shut down the refrigerator and have to reset all of your clocks! I did keep my computer on last year, though. I just unplugged it from the wall and let it run on battery power. Which kind of felt like cheating, but I did it anyway. ^_^

"WWF’s Earth Hour 2009 is aimed at motivating every individual, business and community to switch their lights off for one hour at 8.30pm (your local time) on Saturday March 28th 2009. Computers, TVs and radios

can remain on. "

Actually during 2007 Earth Hour I remember my friend and I sitting in the dark with candles all around having a play station marathon! We finished one game during that time and went through all my candles ;)

I've restocked candles for this years one :) Not sure if the play station marathon will go ahead this year though..

Heheh, I don't know that I'll be participating this year. Even though there's going to be the biggest light hogger in our area this weekend... the local show. I have friends over too, so yeah. Mum says I can remind her about it and she might turn the lights off then. Not computer or anything. Just lights.