Trojans and Viruses

Suga_

Hi, I'm new to this site but a veteran neopet player. I had to stop playing about 3 or 4 months ago due to trojans and viruses that i kept getting on the site. I REALLY MISS being on neopets and wanted to know if you guys have had any other reports and resolved the problem. I have pets, a home and neopoints that i worked very hard to get.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Site Feedback, Bugs, and Help’ to ‘Neopets Help’.

Ummmmm....

I've never actually gotten any trojans or viruses from neopets.

Although I do have an adblocker installed on FF & scripting blocks... don't know if that would have anything to do with it though.

Sorry to hear that you've gotten them!

Uhh I don't know of any virus problems that were going on and I haven't got any. Just make sure you have proper anti-virus software and I don't see why you can't use the site.

can you give a bit more detail about the problem you are having? neopets is a certified, clean site (outside of possible cookie grabbers for ad purposes). my first suggestion would be to do a thorough scan of your computer with an antivirus and spyware sweeper. if the problems persist, it could be something more serious.

Certain viruses or malicious software may be deliberately hidden in obscure code around the site. Just as hackers take advantages of loopholes in the site itself. Although im not sure if trojans are actually uploaded withought TNT knowing about it. Obviously, you should scan your own computer to make sure its not a hidden virus which activates in response to other forms of software online, such as the ads on neopets etc. As mentioned before, use adblocker.

i got 5 trojans when i was starting playing neopets yesterday *haven't played it in 2 months or so due school tasks*

not really sure it was from neopets or not :/

but it shouldn't be a problem if you have a strong antivirus....

got any details on the trojan/virus?

I dunno I've never had any problems. Neopets is a very clean site.

Maybe it's the ads. Use adblocker.

And in case you don't know, a trojan is a malicious program that appears to be a valid one.