Private Auction?

safetymath

I'm selling a paintbrush on the TP for about a million, and someone neomailed me asking to set up a private auction. What would the reasons for that be? Should I? I have absolutely no experience with auctions so I can't tell if this is a good idea o_O

Wait! I just figured it out that 800k is the max for pure NP.Mods, you can delete this thread. 800k, what a weird number... :*

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yup, that's what you're gonna have to do. You can't offer more than 800k in the TP.

Of course, you could always ask for 400k and a Baby PB, which would equal roughly 1 mil.

Edit: She realized it before me.

A private auction is when you neofriend the person and set the paintbrush to Friends Only. The reason for this is that you can only offer 800,000 Neopoints on the TP, and some people prefer to pay with only NP. Remember to start the auction at, say, 1 NP below what he/she bids, and then set the increment to 1 NP. That way, they have to bid the minimum, but if other Neofriends want to buy, they only have to pay 1 NP minimum more than the last person. Don't set the increment too high because you have to add the increment to the starting bid to get what he/she must pay.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.